About U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center
The U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center (USAASC) is a Direct Reporting Unit (DRU) supporting the Army’s acquisition mission through superior personnel development systems and management support capabilities, enabling the most effective and efficient equipping of the Nation’s forces while maintaining an internal culture of constant organizational improvement. Our core functions and competencies include providing:
- Institutional management of the Army Acquisition Corps (AAC) and the Army Acquisition Workforce including career management and workforce development.
- Customer service and support to the Program Executive Offices (PEO) in the areas of human resources, resource management (manpower and budget), program structure, and acquisition information management.
- Subject matter expertise and analytical support regarding acquisition issues and initiatives to the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology) and various DoD elements.
- Communicate USAASC’s vision and mission within the acquisition community and the U.S. Army.
In addition, the DRU provides oversight for the execution of the force protection mission by the PEOs, subject matter expertise and analytical support to various DoD elements, and acquisition career management support to the acquisition workforce. In addition to the 7 core Army values, we operate under 6 organizational principals that represent the highest priorities and deeply held driving forces grounded in our values:
- Build open and honest relationships with communication
- Pursue growth and learning
- Customer success
- Culture of ownership
- People First, Mission Always
- Openness to change and innovation