View the Army Acquisition Wall of Fame showcasing past Army Acquisition winners.
2017 Army Acquisition Executive's (AAE) Excellence in Leadership Awards:
The 2017 Army Acquisition Executive’s (AAE) Excellence in Leadership Awards applauds individuals and teams whose outstanding contributions and achievements merit special recognition. It also provides an opportunity to showcase the professionalism of the Army Acquisition Workforce (AAW). The goal is to highlight not only the best people and their individual accomplishments but also to highlight how they help their organization and the acquisition community at large.
To be eligible for an Individual AAE Excellence in Leadership Award (with the exception of two awards noted below), nominees must occupy an acquisition workforce designated position and be current in their Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act certification and continuous learning points. (NOTE: The two exceptions are the Defense Exportability and Cooperation Professional of the Year and the Acquisition Support Professional of the Year categories, which are open to all Army employees supporting the Acquisition Workforce).
The 2016 winners have been announced. The 2017 awards will be open soon.
The following awards categories mirror the functions and organizations of the Army Acquisition Workforce (AAW). Find detailed instructions and criteria for each award at the links below:
- Acquisition Support Professional of the Year
- Business Operations Professional of the Year
- Defense Exportability and Cooperation Professional of the Year
- Engineer and System Integrator of the Year
- Logistician of the Year
- Product Management/Product Director Professional of the Year (05 Level)
- Project Management/Product Director Professional of the Year (06 Level)
- Science and Technology Professional of the Year
2017 Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (USD(AT&L)) Acquisition Award Programs
The 2017 awards are now open. The U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center (USAASC) is the official collection point for U.S. Army nominations. USAASC will compile the nominations and submit to senior leadership, who will then select and forward the Army submissions to USD(AT&L) for consideration..
2017 Defense Acquisition Workforce Individual Achievement Award
- The Defense Acquisition Workforce Individual Achievement Award has been established to encourage and recognize excellent performance by members of the Defense Acquisition Workforce in the acquisition of products and services for the DOD. This program recognizes individuals (military or civilian) who represent the best in the various acquisition workforce disciplines.
2017 Defense Acquisition Workforce Development Award
- The Defense Acquisition Workforce Development Award recognizes organizations that have displayed outstanding commitment, innovation, and results to develop and support the success of their acquisition, technology and logistics professionals.
2017 David Packard Excellence in Acquisition Award
- The David Packard Excellence in Acquisition Award, sponsored by the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (USD(AT &L)), recognizes Department of Defense civilian and military organizations, groups, or teams who have demonstrated exemplary innovation and best practices in the acquisition of products and services. This award reflects achievements that exemplify goals and objectives established for furthering life cycle cost reduction and/or acquisition excellence in the Department. Multiple teams may receive the award based on merit.
2017 USD(AT&L) Should Cost and Innovation Award
- The Should Cost and Innovation Award specifically targets organizations that have displayed outstanding commitment, innovation, and results in should-cost management. The concept of should cost management is fundamental to proactive cost control throughout the acquisition life cycle. This initiative requires the active management of cost, starting with the deep understanding of cost structures, followed by the identification of specific goals for cost reduction (should cost goals) and efforts to achieve those cost reductions.
2017 Secretary of Defense Performance-Based Logistics Award
- The Secretary of Defense Performance-Based Logistics Award recognizes organizations responsible for outstanding achievements in PBL development, implementation and execution. The awards honor outstanding PBL performance in three categories: system level, subsystem level and component level.
2017 Secretary of Defense Product Support Manager Award
- The Secretary of Defense Product Support Manager Award recognizes the PSM accomplishments through the affordable and effective development, implementation and execution of a weapon system product support strategy. The award honors outstanding PSMs in two categories: Major Defense Acquisition Programs, Acquisition Categories (ACATs) 1 PSM; and the Major Weapon System/Other Weapon Systems, ACATII and below PSMs.
Frequently Asked Questions
For questions regarding the awards season, please contact Vicky Deguzman at (703) 664-5633 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.