View the Army Acquisition Wall of Fame showcasing past Army Acquisition winners.[rule type=”basic”]
2018 Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment (USD(A&S)) Acquisition Award Programs
The U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center (USAASC) is the official collection point for U.S. Army nominations. USAASC will compile the nominations and submit to senior leadership, who will then select and forward the Army submissions to USD(A&S) for consideration.
Defense Acquisition Workforce Individual Achievement Award – Opening soon
- The Defense Acquisition Workforce Individual Achievement Award has been established to encourage and recognize excellent performance by members of the Defense Acquisition Workforce in the acquisition of products and services for the DOD. This program recognizes individuals (military or civilian) who represent the best in the various acquisition workforce disciplines.
Defense Acquisition Workforce Development Innovation Award – Opening soon
- The Defense Acquisition Workforce Development Innovation Award recognizes organizations that have displayed outstanding commitment, innovation, and results to develop and support the success of their acquisition, technology and logistics professionals.
David Packard Excellence in Acquisition Award – Opening soon
- The David Packard Excellence in Acquisition Award, recognizes DOD civilian and military organizations, groups, or teams who have demonstrated exemplary innovation and best practices in the acquisition of products and services. This award reflects achievements that exemplify goals and objectives established for furthering life cycle cost reduction and/or acquisition excellence in the Department. Multiple teams may receive the award based on merit.
USD(AT&L) Flexibility in Contracting Award – Opening soon
- The Flexibility in Contracting Award recognizes DOD civilian and military outstanding professionals who have, in their approach to program management and contracting, demonstrated innovation and local adaptation by using the flexibilities and authorities granted by the Federal Acquisition Regulation and the Department of Defense Instruction 5000.02, Operation of the Defense Acquisition System, to increase the efficiency of programs.
Secretary of Defense Product Support Manager Award – Open now
- The Secretary of Defense Product Support Manager Award recognizes the PSM accomplishments through the affordable and effective development, implementation and execution of a weapon system product support strategy. The award honors outstanding PSMs in two categories: Major Defense Acquisition Programs, Acquisition Categories (ACATs) 1 PSM; and the Major Weapon System/Other Weapon Systems, ACATII and below PSMs.
Secretary of Defense Performance-Based Logistics Award
- The Secretary of Defense Performance-Based Logistics Award award will not be presented for 2018. The award program is being revised to better align with current strategic goals and sustainment focus areas.
2017 Army Acquisition Executive's (AAE) Excellence in Leadership Awards:
The 2017 Army Acquisition Executive’s (AAE) Excellence in Leadership Awards applauds individuals and teams whose outstanding contributions and achievements merit special recognition. It also provides an opportunity to showcase the professionalism of the Army Acquisition Workforce (AAW). The goal is to highlight not only the best people and their individual accomplishments but also to highlight how they help their organization and the acquisition community at large.
To be eligible for an Individual AAE Excellence in Leadership Award (with the exception of two awards noted below), nominees must occupy an acquisition workforce designated position and be current in their Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act certification and continuous learning points. (NOTE: The two exceptions are the Defense Exportability and Cooperation Professional of the Year and the Acquisition Support Professional of the Year categories, which are open to all Army employees supporting the Acquisition Workforce).
The 2017 awards are now closed.
The following awards categories mirror the functions and organizations of the Army Acquisition Workforce (AAW). Find detailed instructions and criteria for each award at the links below:
- Acquisition Support Professional of the Year
- Business Operations Professional of the Year
- Defense Exportability and Cooperation Professional of the Year
- Engineer and System Integrator of the Year
- Logistician of the Year
- Product Management/Product Director Professional of the Year (05 Level)
- Project Management/Product Director Professional of the Year (06 Level)
- Science and Technology Professional of the Year
Frequently Asked Questions
For questions regarding the awards season, please contact Vicky Deguzman at (703) 664-5633 or email email@example.com.