Q: When are the onsite sessions?
A: As of April 2014, we do not have the specific session dates. However, the tentative booked schedule is (please note, everyone is placed on one of 4 teams; 2 teams attend each session):
- Course 1 (Leadership Assessment) – Last week in January / Last week in February
- Course 2 (Conflict Management/Resolution) – First week in April / 3rd week in April
- Course 3 (Team Building) – First week in May / First week in June
- Course 4 (Effective Writing) – First week in August / Last week in August
- Course 5 (Leadership for Non-Supervisors/Graduation) – Second week in September (everyone)
Q: When and where is graduation?
A: Graduation will be held after all sessions are completed. It will most likely be held in Southbridge, but may be in Washington DC. As with the sessions, USAASC will fund your travel and per diem.
Q: Is an employee granted time away from work to participate or is leave submission required?
A: You cannot be in leave status and take this course. Your organization or the Army will be responsible to provide your TDY orders and payment for such. You will be in a Temp Duty status.
Q: Who selects your Mentor?
A: You will select your Mentor.
Q: If a training week is missed due to unforeseen circumstances, can this be made up at a later date?
A: It is highly preferred that students go to all planned resident courses in Southbridge, MA. Previous classes had the option to attend a different session in a different location. However, for this and future classes, this option may not be available and therefore you have to attend all sessions in Southbridge. .
Q: Are there required exams during this program?
A: No exams are given.
Q: Can I apply if I’m going to have a requirement completed by the beginning of the fiscal year?
A: No, requirements for eligibility must be fulfilled by the application deadline.