|General Program Information The US Army Acquisition Support Center (USAASC) is responsible for developing the policy, implementation guidance, and the management of training programs for military and civilian workforce members. The DAU-SSCF Program is a 10 month educational opportunity conducted under the auspices of the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) at Huntsville, AL, Warren, MI and Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.The purpose of the DAU-SSCF Program is to provide leadership and acquisition training to prepare senior level civilians for senior leadership roles such as Product and Project Managers, Program Executive Officers and other key acquisition leadership positions. On 28 March 2013, the DAU-SSCF program was granted Military Education Level I (MEL-1) equivalency. USAASC will fund the tuition cost of the program at each location for each Army acquisition civilian participant. Applicants who are not local to one of the three sites must request funding of travel and per diem from their command or organization. A Post Utilization Statement/Command Endorsement Memorandum is required in order to be selected for the DAU-SSCF program.
- Credit for completion of the DAU Program Manager Course (PMT 401)
- Courses in leadership
- Acquisition training in Life Cycle Management linked to Life Cycle Management Commands (LCMC)
- Studies in resource requirements and acquisition integration for senior and strategic leaders
- Studies in executive leadership
- Applications of acquisition in national defense/security study
- Research in acquisition issues and processes
- Mentoring program with government and industry senior leaders
- Senior Leadership Speaker’s Program
- All Individuals who complete the program will be awarded the following:
- Equivalency for the Program Managers Course (PMT 401)
- Master’s Degree Option: All individuals will be provided the option to obtain a Master’s. (If you do not have a Master’s degree, USAASC may centrally fund. If you already have a Master’s, your command may fund the option Master’s available to SSC Fellows).