Deadline Nears for 2011 Defense Logistics Awards
Oct. 3 is the deadline to submit nominations for the 2011 Defense Logistics Awards. This is the eighth year the program, affiliated with the annual Defense Logistics conference, has recognized the accomplishments of DOD logistics teams.
This year, there are six categories of award:
- Best Logistics Strategy: A Specific Project or Military-Contractor Partnership Achieving Logistics Excellence.
- Best PBL [Performance-Based Logistics] Implementation.
- Best Technology Implementation.
- Military-Military Collaboration of the Year: Rewarding the Joint Effort.
- Beyond the Call of Duty: Logistician of the Year.
- 2011 Logistician Lifetime Achievement Award.
The 2010 field was competitive. “Each year, this program gets greater and greater recognition,” said Amol Tembe, Defense Logistics Awards Program Director. “It continues to be a great honor to be a part of recognizing the DOD logistics community for their tremendous contributions in supporting the warfighter.”
Finalists will be announced in early November. The winners will be announced at the awards dinner Nov. 30 at the Marriott Crystal Gateway in Arlington, VA. The dinner will be held in conjunction with the Defense Logistics 2011 conference, which runs from Nov. 29 to Dec. 2 with the theme “Global, Affordable, & Efficient Logistics.”
Anthony Fleming, the new Director of Defense Logistics, will host the awards dinner. “Having been an Aircraft Maintenance Officer for six years, I know how challenging and rewarding logistics, maintenance, and sustainment can be,” he said.
For more information on this year’s awards program and on submitting a nomination, contact Mr. Amol Tembe at 646-200-7442 or email@example.com, or visit www.defenselog.com.