Army Acquisition Center of Excellence
Frequently Asked QuestionsMain FAQs
FAQs and Information Document
Download the latest AACoE FAQs and Information document (must be logged in AKO to view)
Q1: What is the U.S. Army Acquisition Center of Excellence (AACoE)?
The Army Acquisition Center of Excellence is a centralized training, education, and career development school for Army acquisition officers, noncommissioned officers, and Department of the Army civilians. This facility centralizes Army institutional training, education, and career development courses for the acquisition, logistics, and technology workforce and improves the effectiveness of leader development efforts while increasing acquisition synergy.
Q2: What courses are offered at AACoE?
- Army Acquisition Foundation Course (AAFC), 3 weeks, ATTRS course ID 8D-F48/551-51C30
- Army Intermediate Program Management (AIPM), 3 weeks, ATTRS course ID 8D-F46/551-F34
- Army Intermediate Contracting Course (AICC), 4 weeks, ATTRS course ID 8D-F49/551-F49
- Army Basic Contracting Course (ABCC), 4 weeks, ATTRS course ID 8D-F50/551-51C30
- Acquisition NCO Leadership Course (ANLC), 1 week, ATTRS course ID 551-51C40-C46
- Contracting Officers Representative Train the Trainer Course (COR-T), 1 week, ATTRS course ID
- FA51 Intermediate Qualification Course (IQC), 3 weeks, ATTRS course ID FA51 IQC
- Army Contracting Pre-Command Course (KO PCC), 1 Week, ATTRS course ID ALMC-PD
Q3: What is the course sequence for AACoE courses?
Newly assessed contracting personnel will attend the following courses:
- AAFC – ABCC
Newly assessed program management personnel will attend the following courses:
- AAFC – AIPM
SSG(P) and above who are required to attend Senior Leader’s Course (SLC) will take the following courses:
- ANLC – COR-T
These courses cannot be separated and must be taken concurrently. All other AACoE courses are “stand alone” courses and can be taken individually.
Q4: How do I obtain a quota for an AACoE course?
To obtain a quota for every course except ANLC & COR-T you need to coordinate with your assignment officer at Human Resources Command (HRC). The assignment officer provides the names to the different quota managers who will then secure a reservation for the course(s) in ATTRS.
To obtain a quota for ANLC & COR-T you will need to coordinate with your schools NCO and they do the necessary coordination to obtain a reservation for the courses in ATTRS.
Q5: How do I obtain funding for an AACoE course?
Soldiers will need to coordinate with their resource managers to obtain a line of accounting (LOA) to attend courses at AACoE. Once the Soldier arrives at AACoE they are provided government lodging, transportation, and meals (meals will only be provided Monday – Friday excluding holidays). The unit or installation (depending on whether you are TDY enroute or TDY and return) will be responsible for the following costs while the Soldier is attending the course(s):
- Travel expenses to/from school
- Weekend and Holiday meal per diem
- Daily incidentals
Q6: How do I obtain a waiver for an AACoE course pre-requisite?
To obtain a waiver for any course pre-requisite the Solider will have to contact their respective proponent officer at the U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center.
Q7: Where can I go to find further information on AACoE and the courses offered at AACoE?
Further information about AACoE and AACoE courses can be found at http://asc.army.mil/web/organization/aacoe/.