By Norm Hilton and Tara Clements
FORT BELVOIR, Va. (Feb. 16, 2017) – Fifteen candidates from the Army Acquisition Corps were selected from the fiscal year 2017 product and project director centralized selection boards held Dec. 1 and Dec. 14, 2016, at Fort Knox, Kentucky.
This was the third year for a product director centralized selection board and the second year for the project director board.
A talent management board of directors will meet Feb. 24 to approve the positions for those newly-selected and slate 13 product director and one project director positions to be filled this summer. Lt. Gen. Michael E. Williamson, Director, Acquisition Career Management (DACM), will preside over the board which will include the Deputy DACM, and the 12 program executive officers and/or deputy program executive officers.
The civilian-only centrally selected product and project director board is one of Williamson’s major talent management initiatives, providing an opportunity to select high-performing civilians with leadership potential.
“My belief is that if we have the right people, it doesn’t matter what the problem is,” he said addressing the importance of talent management initiatives.
The standard tenure for these acquisition product and project directors is three years. The Army DACM Office, in coordination with the program executive offices, will centrally manage the positions.
This is the Army DACM’s benchmark effort to provide additional development and growth opportunities for high-performing, high potential civilians, while building a larger talent pool for future senior leader requirements.
The next product director centralized selection board is tentatively scheduled for November 2017. Additional information regarding the product director policy is available on the Army DACM website.
FY17 Product Directors
- Paul Boak, Program Executive Office Ground Combat Systems (PEO GCS), Warren, Michigan
- Benjamin Corrigan, PEO Ammunition (PEO AMMO), Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey
- John Geddes, PEO Enterprise Information Systems (PEO EIS), Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- Shawn Gresham, Deferred (FY18 CSL Product Manager – Principal Select)
- Timothy Hale, Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics & Technology) ASA(ALT), Pentagon, Washington, DC
- Claudius Higginbotham, PEO Missiles and Space (PEO M&S), Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
- Daniel Kitts, Senior Service College Eisenhower (FY16 Deferred Principal)
- Zina Kozak-Zachary, PEO Combat Support & Combat Service Support (PEO CS&CSS), Warren, Michigan
- David Kuroda, PEO EIS, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- Devin Lyders, PEO Simulation, Training, & Instrumentation (PEO STRI), Orlando, Florida
- Kathleen Lytle, PEO CS&CSS, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- Craig Riedel, PEO CS& CSS, Warren, Michigan
- Chad Stocker, PEO Ground Combat Systems (PEO GCS), Warren, Michigan
- John Womack, PEO STRI, Orlando, Florida
- Karen Arnold, PEO GCS
- Craig Besaw, PEO Intelligence Electronic Warfare & Sensors (PEO IEW&S)
- Cheryl Bielamowicz, U.S. Army Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center (ARDEC)
- Kimberly Bowen, System of Systems Integration (SoSI)
- Steven Brown, PEO EIS
- Kevin Curry, PEO EIS
- Aaron Hart, PEO GCS
- Willie Jackson, PEO IEW&S
- David Klaasse, Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense (JPEO CBD)
- Matthew Lee, PEO C3T
- Robyn Litle, JPEO CBD
- Danny Mahan, PEO AVN
- David Millette, PEO AMMO
- Margaret Patton, PEO EIS
- Kyle Perkins, PEO Command, Control and Communications-Tactical (PEO C3T)
- Michael Sawyers, PEO CS&CSS
- Daniel Schwartz, PEO IEW&S
- Anthony Sclafani, PEO CS&CSS
- Stanley Scott, ASA(ALT)
- Colleen Setili, PEO GCS
- Leo Smith, SOSI Arlington
- Sherman Spencer, PEO M&S
FY17 Project Directors
- Christian Keller, PEO IEW&S, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
- Andrew DiMarco, Deferred (FY18 CSL Project Manager – Principal Select)
- Matthew Maier, Deferred (FY18 CSL Product Manager – Principal Select)
- Mark McCoy, PEO GCS
- Michael Switzer, PEO AVN