U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center
USAASC is a Direct Reporting Unit (DRU) that supports the Army’s acquisition mission through superior personnel development systems and management support capabilities, enabling the most effective and efficient equipping of the Nation’s forces while maintaining an internal culture of constant organizational improvement.USAASC core functions/competencies necessary to achieve its mission consists of Institutional management of the Army Acquisition Corps (AAC) and the Army Acquisition workforce; customer service and support to the Program Executive Offices (PEO) and Direct Reporting Program Managers (DRPM) in the areas of human resources, resource management (manpower and budget), program structure, and acquisition information management. Also, the DRU provides oversight for the execution of the force protection mission by the PEO/DRPMs, subject matter expertise and analytical support to various DoD elements, and acquisition career management support to the acquisition workforce. As a multifunctional agency, USAASC’s initiatives are to:
- Provide oversight of the AAC and the AL&T Workforce.
- Communicate mission and vision of the AAC.
- Provide Major Command (MACOM)-level support to Program Executive Offices
in the areas of resource management, human resource management and force structure.
- Plan, program and oversee/execute career management activities for the
AL&T Workforce (e.g., policies, training, opportunities, etc.).
- Provide to the Army Acquisition Executive, Director of Acquisition Career Management, Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology) staff and the Army acquisition community policy, guidance, and support and services regarding acquisition issues and initiatives.