Mission and Vision
Acquisition Support Center
- USAASC MISSION–Support the Army acquisition community at all levels by shaping and developing world-class professionals and providing superior support to assigned Program Executive officers and Direct Reporting Program Managers in an environment of continuous performance improvement.
DEFINITION: The mission specifies the purpose and why USAASC exist; it is grounded in the governing authority, General Order 33, which designated HQ USAASC a DRU to the OASA (ALT) in October 2006.
- USAASC VISION–Provide seamless support to the Army Acquisition Community.
DEFINITION: The vision defines our desired future state. Seamless infers through superior leadership, professionalism, quality, competence, and commitment to a culture of continuous performance improvement, HQ USAASC is proactive to anticipate the needs and expectations of the Army Acquisition Community and understand what value means to our customers (timely service, no awkward transitions, interruptions, or indications of disparity to name a few). As the leader for providing advocacy, command-level resource management, human resources, and force structure support to the Army Acquisition Community, our charge is to rethink the way HQ USAASC does business, identify industry best practices, and develop innovative solutions to meet mission requirements.
About U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center
The U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center (USAASC) is a Direct Reporting Unit (DRU) supporting the Army’s acquisition mission through superior personnel development systems and management support capabilities, enabling the most effective and efficient equipping of the Nation’s forces while maintaining an internal culture of constant organizational improvement. Our core functions and competencies include providing:
- Institutional management of the Army Acquisition Corps (AAC) and the Army Acquisition Workforce including career management and workforce development.
- Customer service and support to the Program Executive Offices (PEO) in the areas of human resources, resource management (manpower and budget), program structure, and acquisition information management.
- Subject matter expertise and analytical support regarding acquisition issues and initiatives to the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics and Technology) and various DoD elements.
- Communicate USAASC’s vision and mission within the acquisition community and the U.S. Army.
In addition, the DRU provides oversight for the execution of the force protection mission by the PEOs, subject matter expertise and analytical support to various DoD elements, and acquisition career management support to the acquisition workforce. In addition to the 7 core Army values, we operate under 6 organizational principals that represent the highest priorities and deeply held driving forces grounded in our values:
- Build open and honest relationships with communication
- Pursue growth and learning
- Customer success
- Culture of ownership
- People First, Mission Always
- Openness to change and innovation
The Director and Deputy Director lead the Acquisition Support Center in the successful operation of an organization responsible for overseeing personnel, resource management and career development of the Army acquisition workforce.
- USAASC Director
- USAASC Deputy Director – Colonel David (Wil) Riggins
- “PEOPLE FIRST”