The Man Transportable Robot System (MTRS) Increment 2 is a remotely operated, man-transportable robotic system that provides a stand-off capability to detect and confirm the presence of, identify the disposition of, and counter hazards by carrying various platform payloads in support of current and future missions. MTRS Increment 2 supports engineers, chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) Soldiers, and Special Operations forces.
BENEFIT TO THE WARFIGHTER
The MTRS provides the warfighter with a stand-off ability to locate, identify and clear landmines, unexploded ordnance and improvised explosive devices in the path of maneuvering Army or Joint forces. It also provides CBRN Soldiers with the capability to employ CBRN sensors from a distance.
- Hand-held controller allows operator a stand-off capability to operate MTRS Increment 2 from a mounted or dismounted location and receive video and vehicle control data
- Allows multiple payload platforms to improve support to Soldiers in current and future operating environments
- Current: Request for Proposal development
- 2QFY16: Request for Proposal release
- 4QFY16: Milestones B and C
- 1QFY17: Contract award