The Distributed Common Ground System – Army (DCGS-A) Increment 2 gives commanders the ability to task battlespace sensors to receive intelligence information from multiple sources on the battlefield. DCGS-A contributes to visualization and situational awareness, thereby enhancing tactical maneuver, maximizing combat power and enhancing the ability to operate in an unpredictable and changing environment.
DCGS-A is the Army’s cornerstone intelligence system for sensor Tasking, Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination. DCGS-A provides unprecedented timely, relevant and accurate data to Soldiers up to the Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information level.
DCGS-A Increment 2 will deliver enhanced visualization, analytical tools and data integration, cyber analytics incorporation, and emerging cyber security considerations. It will also enable further compliance with common standards and environments across DoD and the Intelligence Community (IC).
BENEFIT TO THE WARFIGHTER
DCGS-A Increment 2 will continue to connect Soldiers to Army mission command systems, Joint intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities (ISR), and the IC. It will give commanders the ability to view ISR information in one place. It will also improve integration of information into tools that can support the development of
- Intelligence Fusion Server/Tactical Server Infrastructure
- Portable Multifunctional Workstation
- Fixed Multifunctional Workstation
- Cross Domain Solution Suite
- Tactical Intelligence Ground Station
- Geospatial Intelligence Work Station
- Intelligence Processing Center Versions 1, 2 and 3
- Operational Intelligence Ground Station
- FY15: Program Initiation
- 3QFY15: Materiel Development Decision
- 1QFY16: Increment 2 Development Request for Proposal Release Decision Defense Acquisition Board
- Milestone B, Engineering & Manufacturing Development Decision
- Increment 2 Contract Award