General Fund Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS), the Army’s new Web-enabled financial, asset and accounting management system, was the first enterprise resource planning (ERP) structure to fully deploy within the Department of the Army. The system standardizes, streamlines and shares critical data across the Active Army, the Army National Guard and the Army Reserve. This commercial off-the-shelf ERP solution develops, acquires, integrates, deploys and sustains enterprisewide financial and procurement management capabilities to support the Army’s current and future missions.
Moving forward, GFEBS plans on negotiating roles and responsibilities with the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Management and Comptroller by identifying subject-matter experts on business-process-related issues; working with users to address issues; analyzing business processes, system or training problems; and proposing changes to Tier II Support. GFEBS will also review cost estimates to right-size sustainment and will support the maturation of the Functional Governance Board process.
BENEFIT TO THE WARFIGHTER
GFEBS provides financial, asset and accounting management across the Army.
GFEBS Increment 2 will:
- Improve the Army’s business processes, allow for full-cost reporting of the Army’s outputs (products and services), and create an auditable trail
- Accommodate emerging requirements for enhanced financial integration, Army single-labor time tracking and environmental and integrated resource management
- Provide additional capability and improve automated integration of financial data, enhance business process efficiencies, increase interoperability and maintain auditability through these emerging requirements
- Quarterly releases and updates since Full Deployment in 2012
- Ongoing audit readiness preparation
- Maintained 98 percent availability
- 4QFY15: Completed seventh successful year-end closeout
- 3QFY16: Recompete Increment 1 system integrator contract
- TBD: Increment 2 Materiel Development Decision
FOREIGN MILITARY SALES
- Accenture Federal Services (Reston, VA)
- Connected Logistics, Inc. (Springfield, VA)
- LMI Consulting (McLean, VA)
- The MITRE Corp. (McLean, VA)