Army AL&T News:
- 2011 MarCom Awards Honorable Mention in the External Newsletter/Government category
Army AL&T Magazine:
Issue: January – March 2017
Author Deadline: October 15
Theme: Strategic Acquisition
- How can acquisition be more strategic, and holistically address Soldier needs, efficiently scaling materiel so that we can “unsurge” as effectively as we surge?
- Requirements: Lag times between operational needs statements and materiel delivery mean that the need may no longer exist on delivery. Requirements often conflict in theater. How does the Army make requirements that are “interoperable”?
- Rotations of Soldiers and DA civilians cause lack of “institutional memory,” which makes support contractors the only people with that knowledge: How do we change that?
Issue: April – June 2017
Author Deadline: January 15
Theme: Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Manufacturing
- UAVs, Modular Advanced Armed Robotic System (MAARS), PACMAN-I Program, nanotechnology, MUMT (Manned-Unmanned Teaming) will be a significant part of the Army’s battle kit in the future.
- Where are we now and where are we going?
- How does progress in artificial intelligence and machine learning — and advanced manufacturing — inform this future?
Issue: July – September 2017
Author Deadline: April 15
Theme: Talent Management
- How to attract, retain, develop and align talent with current and future Army Acquisition Workforce requirements.
- Acquisition Human Capital Strategic Plan.
- Right person, in the right job, with the right skills, at the right time.
Army AL&T Editorial Advisory Board will approve additional future themes at its next meeting.
Go to Army AL&T Submissions for information on how to submit articles, advertisements and art.
Writers Guidelines (updated May 11, 2016)
Army AL&T Magazine Awards
- 2011 MarCom Platinum Award in the Magazine/Government category
- 2011 MarCom Gold Award in the Design (Print)/Magazine Cover category
- 2012 Bronze Anvil Award from the Public Relations Society of America
- 2012 APEX Award for Publication Excellence
- 2012 The Major General Keith L. Ware Public Affairs Awards, Best Magazine
- 2012 The Major General Keith L. Ware Public Affairs Awards, Best News Feature Article (Civilian)
- 2013 Secretary of the Army Awards, Editor of the Year
- 2014 MarCom Platinum Award in the Magazine/Government category
- 2014 MarCom Platinum Award for E-Magazine
- 2014 MG Keith L. Ware Public Affairs Competition, Digital Publication
Read Army AL&T Magazine on the Go
Army AL&T—the app—is now available the following devices on the iTunes App Store and Google Play:
Army AL&T Magazine Archives:
For a historical tour of Army AL&T for the last 55 years, go to the Army AL&T archives. From the first issue of Army RD&A in December 1960 to the present, readers can search by year, specific issue or topic.
Both AL&T News and Army AL&T magazine support the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology.