Army AL&T News:
Army AL&T News is the premier online news source for the U.S. Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Army Acquisition Workforce. Its blog format enables active engagement to share articles via social media. Updated information and articles are available on AL&T News daily. Subscribe to news feed and have articles on Army AL&T news and career information sent directly to your e-mail.
- 2011 MarCom Awards Honorable Mention in the External Newsletter/Government category
Army AL&T Magazine:
Army AL&T magazine is USAASC’s quarterly professional journal, comprising in-depth, analytically focused articles. The magazine’s mission is to instruct members of the Army AL&T community about AL&T processes, procedures, techniques and management philosophy; it is also to disseminate information pertinent to the professional development of workforce members and others engaged in AL&T activities. The magazine is available in hard copy, online and as an app for iOS and Android devices (see below). Subscribe to the magazine to be added to the mailing list.
Issue: April – June 2016
Author Deadline: January 15
- Sustain troops in worldwide operations, topical because of President Obama’s decision to keep troops in Afghanistan.
- Software sustainment: As more and more systems become highly dependent on complex software, dealing with intellectual property, updates, information assurance, cyber security, training.
- PDLs (program design languages)
- Training complex weapon systems after initial fielding (tap into FORSCOM and TRADOC resources)
- Sustaining supply chain management
Issue: July – September 2016
Author Deadline: April 15
Theme: Military/Industry Collaboration
- Partnering with industry (i.e. MEDCOM has considerable industry partnerships).
- Industry days.
- Best practices in industry.
- Lesson learned.
- Training with Industry.
- NDIA and other organizations.
Issue: October – December 2016
Author Deadline: July 15
Theme: Workforce: Talent Management
- The “state of professionalism of the total acquisition workforce,” which would include the Big Team, not just the Army acquisition workforce, but also the industry workforce and the university and research and development workforce (from emerging technology to fielding equipment to Soldiers). Tie-in(s) with acquisition reform efforts underway.
- Does the workforce have the right skill sets and mix of personnel to maintain our competitive advantage in the global community?
- Integration of the intelligence community into acquisition. Are processes, talent and training sufficiently aligned to assure that information pertinent to the acquisition community is relayed by the intelligence community so that it is “baked into” products and technology that the workforce creates, and if not, how do we get there?
- How does the Chief of Staff of the Army plan to meet NDAA demands in a downsizing environment?
Army AL&T Editorial Advisory Board will approve additional future themes at its next meeting.
Go to Army AL&T Submissions for information on how to submit articles, advertisements and art.
Writers Guidelines (updated April 21, 2015)
Army AL&T Magazine Awards
- 2011 MarCom Platinum Award in the Magazine/Government category
- 2011 MarCom Gold Award in the Design (Print)/Magazine Cover category
- 2012 Bronze Anvil Award from the Public Relations Society of America
- 2012 APEX Award for Publication Excellence
- 2012 The Major General Keith L. Ware Public Affairs Awards, Best Magazine
- 2012 The Major General Keith L. Ware Public Affairs Awards, Best News Feature Article (Civilian)
- 2013 Secretary of the Army Awards, Editor of the Year
- 2014 MarCom Platinum Award in the Magazine/Government category
- 2014 MarCom Platinum Award for E-Magazine
- 2014 MG Keith L. Ware Public Affairs Competition, Digital Publication
Read Army AL&T Magazine on the Go
Army AL&T—the app—is now available the following devices on the iTunes App Store and Google Play:
Army AL&T Magazine Archives:
Army AL&T magazine is USAASC’s quarterly professional journal, with in-depth, analytically focused articles. The magazine’s mission is to instruct members of the Army AL&T community relative to AL&T processes, procedures, techniques, and management philosophy and to disseminate other information pertinent to the professional development of workforce members and others engaged in AL&T activities.
For a historical tour of Army AL&T for the last 55 years, go to the Army AL&T archives. From the first issue of Army RD&A in December 1960 to the present, readers can search by year, specific issue or topic.
Both AL&T News and Army AL&T magazine support the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology.
The new DACM Newsletter provides pertinent and timely career development information to the Army Acquisition Workforce; alerting the workforce of new offerings, changes, and opportunities in a one-stop document.