Army AL&T News:
Army AL&T News is the premier online news source for the U.S. Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Army Acquisition Workforce. Its blog format enables active engagement to share articles via social media. Updated information and articles are available on AL&T News daily. Subscribe to news feed and have articles on Army AL&T news and career information sent directly to your e-mail.
- 2011 MarCom Awards Honorable Mention in the External Newsletter/Government category
Army AL&T Magazine:
Army AL&T magazine is USAASC’s quarterly professional journal, comprising in-depth, analytically focused articles. The magazine’s mission is to instruct members of the Army AL&T community about AL&T processes, procedures, techniques and management philosophy; it is also to disseminate information pertinent to the professional development of workforce members and others engaged in AL&T activities. The magazine is available in hard copy, online and as an app for iOS and Android devices (see below). Subscribe to the magazine to be added to the mailing list.
Issue: October – December 2016
Author Deadline: July 15
Theme: Acquisition Reform
- Why acquisition reform and not “acquisition improvement”?
- How would acquisition reform proposals promoting experimentation and R&D, and decoupling R&D from development, affect acquisition?
- How will reform affect the workforce? Pentagon proposals a plus?
- Better Buying Power codified in law?
- How does bureaucracy reduction affect commands, PEOs, etc.?
- Do organizations have plans to effect changes reform would bring?
Issue: January – March 2017
Author Deadline: October 15
Theme: Strategic Acquisition
- How can acquisition be more strategic, and holistically address Soldier needs, efficiently scaling materiel so that we can “unsurge” as effectively as we surge?
- Requirements: Lag times between operational needs statements and materiel delivery mean that the need may no longer exist on delivery. Requirements often conflict in theater. How does the Army make requirements that are “interoperable”?
- Rotations of Soldiers and DA civilians cause lack of “institutional memory,” which makes support contractors the only people with that knowledge: How do we change that?
Army AL&T Editorial Advisory Board will approve additional future themes at its next meeting.
Go to Army AL&T Submissions for information on how to submit articles, advertisements and art.
Writers Guidelines (updated May 11, 2016)
Army AL&T Magazine Awards
- 2011 MarCom Platinum Award in the Magazine/Government category
- 2011 MarCom Gold Award in the Design (Print)/Magazine Cover category
- 2012 Bronze Anvil Award from the Public Relations Society of America
- 2012 APEX Award for Publication Excellence
- 2012 The Major General Keith L. Ware Public Affairs Awards, Best Magazine
- 2012 The Major General Keith L. Ware Public Affairs Awards, Best News Feature Article (Civilian)
- 2013 Secretary of the Army Awards, Editor of the Year
- 2014 MarCom Platinum Award in the Magazine/Government category
- 2014 MarCom Platinum Award for E-Magazine
- 2014 MG Keith L. Ware Public Affairs Competition, Digital Publication
Read Army AL&T Magazine on the Go
Army AL&T—the app—is now available the following devices on the iTunes App Store and Google Play:
Army AL&T Magazine Archives:
Army AL&T magazine is USAASC’s quarterly professional journal, with in-depth, analytically focused articles. The magazine’s mission is to instruct members of the Army AL&T community relative to AL&T processes, procedures, techniques, and management philosophy and to disseminate other information pertinent to the professional development of workforce members and others engaged in AL&T activities.
For a historical tour of Army AL&T for the last 55 years, go to the Army AL&T archives. From the first issue of Army RD&A in December 1960 to the present, readers can search by year, specific issue or topic.
Both AL&T News and Army AL&T magazine support the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology.
The new DACM Newsletter provides pertinent and timely career development information to the Army Acquisition Workforce; alerting the workforce of new offerings, changes, and opportunities in a one-stop document.