Army AL&T Submissions
Army AL&T Magazine
Army AL&T magazine is USAASC’s quarterly professional journal, comprising in-depth, analytically focused articles. The magazine’s mission is to instruct members of the Army AL&T community relative to AL&T processes, procedures, techniques, and management philosophy and to disseminate other information pertinent to the professional development of workforce members and others engaged in AL&T activities. The magazine is available in both hard copy and on the USAASC website.
Files to Upload
- Articles should be formatted per Army AL&T magazine writers’ guidelines and submitted in Word document format (.doc or .docx) with a title that keys to the article name, for example, COL Smith Logistics Commentary.
- Captions for photos, graphics and figures, if not included at the end of the article document, should be submitted in a separate Word document with the same title as the article, but including the word “captions.” For example, [Your Article's Name] — Captions.
- Captions should include the file name of the photo or graphic, as well as the who, what, where and when details, and the photographer’s or artist’s name and organization: (Photo/Illustration by …. Name, Organization).
- Photos should be submitted as separate image files in .jpg, .png or .tiff format. Image files should have the highest resolution possible—for most, it will be a file size of 3-4 mb or larger.
- Graphics, figures and illustrations may be submitted in PowerPoint format (.ppt or .pptx,) or as image files (.jpg, .png or .tiff).
Army AL&T magazine is unusual, even unique, in that most of its articles and commentary are written by its readers. We welcome your stories, ideas, opinions and art (photos, graphics, etc.). We only ask that you follow our writers guidelines. That, briefly, means that articles and commentary are usually approximately 1,600 words, relate to the theme of the issue, must be OPSEC-approved, and must be approved by the functional lead in your organization. See the guidelines for further detail.