ALEXANDRIA, VA—The acquisition community paid tribute to uniformed and civilian acquisition workforce professionals Oct. 9 at the 2011 U.S. Army Acquisition Corps (AAC) Annual Awards Ceremony. The AAC awards recognize those who work tirelessly behind the scenes to provide combatant commanders and their Soldiers the weapons and equipment they need to execute decisive, full-spectrum operations in support of the global contingency operations.
The categories and winners of the 2011 AAC awards are:
- 2011 Army Life Cycle Logistician of the Year Award — Jeffrey Forgach, Program Executive Office (PEO) for Command, Control and Communications-Tactical
- 2011 ASA(ALT) Contracting Noncommissioned Officer Award for Contracting Excellence — MSG Sandra Williams, 409th Contracting Support Brigade
- Acquisition Director of the Year at the Colonel Level Award — COL Jeffrey Gabbert, Defense Contract Management Agency Operations Directorate
- Acquisition Director of the Year at the Lieutenant Colonel Level — LTC Carol Tschida, U.S. Army Contracting Command
- Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Continuous Performance Improvement Award — Special Tools Accountability Lean Six Sigma Project Team from PEO Combat Support and Combat Service Support
- Army Research and Development Laboratory of the Year Award — The Armament Research, Development and Engineering Center, U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command
- Director, Acquisition Career Management Award — Constance Tucker, PEO Ground Combat Systems
- Equipping and Sustaining Our Soldiers System Award — M855A1 Team, PEO Ammunition
- Information Enabled Army Award — Secure Go Mobile, PEO Enterprise Information Systems
- Individual Sustained Achievement Award — Dorothy Bell, Mission and Installation Contracting Command, Fort Carson, Colo.
- Product Manager of the Year Award — LTC Courtney Cote, PEO Aviation
- Project Manager of the Year Award — COL Linda Herbert, PEO Intelligence, Electronic Warfare, and Sensors
- Research and Development Laboratory Management Award — The Engineer Research and Development Center, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Transforming the Way We Do Business Award — PM Soldier Sensors and Lasers, Logistics Management Directorate, PEO Soldier
Former Army Acquisition Executives (AAEs) joined Ms. Heidi Shyu, current AAE and Acting Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology, at the 2011 AAC Annual Awards Ceremony. From left: The Honorable Malcolm Ross O’Neill, Shyu, Mr. Dean Popps, and the Honorable Claude Bolton. (Photo by McArthur Newell.)
The AAC awards are held annually the night before the opening of the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting and Exposition. Pictures from the evening and of the award winners can be found at the Army Acquisition Support Center’s Flickr site at http://www.flickr.com/photos/usaasc.
- USAASC supports Army warfighter readiness by developing a world-class professional acquisition workforce, effectively acquiring and stewarding resources and providing customers with the best possible products and services. For more information about USAASC, visit http://asc.army.mil.
Subscribe to Access AL&T is the premier online news source for the Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (AL&T) Workforce.