Visitors to the USAASC booth can receive valuable career advice from career counselors in the ASAALT exhibit at the 2011 AUSA annual meeting and exposition. (Photo by McArthur Newell.)
FORT BELVOIR, VA—Army Acquisition Workforce career counseling sessions will be available during this year’s Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting and Exposition. The sessions will be held in the U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center (USAASC) booth, part of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (ASAALT) exhibit. The AUSA Annual Meeting and Exposition will be held October 10-12 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, DC. The ASAALT exhibit number is 6328 and is located on Level 2 of the convention hall.
Career counseling is available to military and civilian members of the Acquisition Workforce or those interested in joining the Workforce. Among those offering career counseling advice is LTC Charles Stein, Product Manager Ground Combat Tactical Trainers (PM GCTT), part of Program Executive Office Simulation, Training, and Instrumentation (PEO STRI). Stein is nominated for an Army Acquisition Corps Award as Product Manager of the Year.
In addition to the career counseling sessions, 12 PEOs, the U.S. Army Chemical Materials Agency, and the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command are represented at the ASAALT booth, displaying the latest technologies supporting the American warfighter. The PEOs that in attendance are:
- PEO Ammunition
- PEO Aviation
- PEO Combat Support and Combat Service Support
- PEO Command, Control, and Communications-Tactical
- PEO Enterprise Information Systems
- PEO Ground Combat Systems
- PEO Intelligence, Electronic Warfare, and Sensors
- PEO Missiles and Space
- PEO STRI
- PEO Soldier
- Joint PEO Chemical and Biological Defense
- Joint PEO Joint Tactical Radio System
The AUSA Annual Meeting and Exposition is a professional development forum that includes seminars and special presentations on the Army’s transformation to the Future Force, LandWarNet, expeditionary logistics, actionable intelligence, and other issues affecting today’s Army. For more information or directions to the convention center, visit AUSA’s website at http://www.ausa.org.
- USAASC supports Army warfighter readiness by developing a world-class professional acquisition workforce, effectively acquiring and stewarding resources and providing customers with the best possible products and services. For more information about USAASC, visit http://asc.army.mil.
Subscribe to Access AL&T is the premier online news source for the Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (AL&T) Workforce.