The DoD Business Functional Area is comprised of two tracks: Business Financial Management (BUS-FM) and Business Cost Estimating (BUS-CE). As advisors to acquisition decision makers, professionals within this functional area are responsible for financial planning, formulation and budgeting, budget analysis and execution, and cost estimating for a variety of programs within the DoD.
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) requirement: 80 hours every two years with a goal of 40 hours every year
- DAU recommended training by assignment type: click links below and look at courses listed under the heading “Functional/Interdisciplinary Developmental Recommendations”
- Financial Management
- Cost Estimating
- Army Functional Area Leader guidance: Business Cost Estimating September 2022 Memo
- Human Capital Initiatives (HCI) Back-to-Basics Webpage
- Business Financial Management and Cost Estimating Functional Area Update, June 9, 2021
- Business Financial Management and Cost Estimating Certification Program Memo
- Business Cost Estimating Training Crosswalk, November 4, 2021
- Business Financial Management Training Crosswalk, November 4, 2021
- DASA(PPR) BtB Memo February 4, 2021
- BUS Overview Video (Video posted on MilSuite and requires CAC log-in): This Back-to-Basics overview video for the Business Cost Estimating and Financial Management functional area explains what changes Army Acquisition Workforce members can expect to begin on Feb. 1, 2022.
- Business Financial Management Decoupling Memo 2022