The Life Cycle Logistics functional area spans the system life cycle, encompassing acquisition and sustainment activities, and includes professionals responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and overseeing effective and affordable product-support strategies for weapons, materiel, or information systems.
- Continuous Learning Points (CLPs) requirement: 80 hours every two years with a goal of 40 hours every year
- OSD Functional Area Leader guidance: To improve workforce skills, all LCL acquisition workforce members will complete at least one credential every two-years, with the approval of their supervisor, appropriately suited to the majority of the work performed to focus continuous learning point requirements. Please reference the
- DAU recommended training by assignment type: click links below and look at courses listed under the heading “Functional/Interdisciplinary Developmental Recommendations”
- Army Functional Area Leader guidance: Life Cycle Logistics CLP Guidance, October 2022
- Life Cycle Logistics Certification Requirements Memo June 2022
- Human Capital Initiatives (HCI) Back-to-Basics Webpage
- Life Cycle Logistics Functional Area Update, May 27, 2021
- LCL Certification and Training Framework Memo, June 28, 2021
- Life Cycle Logistics Training Crosswalk, November 4, 2021
- DASA(APL) BtB Memo September 10, 2021
- LCL Overview Video (Video posted on MilSuite and requires CAC log-in): This Back-to-Basics overview video for the Life Cycle Logistics functional area explains what changes Army Acquisition Workforce members can expect to begin on Feb. 1, 2022.
- Product Support Manager Mandatory Training Requirement