To support the Army acquisition community by serving as the Direct Reporting Unit’s (DRU) communications, operations and protection proponent, supporting program executive offices (PEOs), operational units and warfighters.
- Develop and manage all outreach and communications efforts, including internal and external digital engagement and knowledge management, communicating the vision and mission of the Army Acquisition Corps (AAC) within the acquisition community and across the entire Army.
- Publish Army AL&T Magazine, a quarterly hardcopy professional development publication, working directly with the Army Acquisition Executive, Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics & Technology (ASA(ALT)), to ensure the desired philosophy, operational goals and content are in consonance with official Army policy and the AAC’s vision, mission and brand.
- Manage Army AL&T News, the acquisition community’s online news service, publishing articles that inform AL&T Workforce members on career development and AL&T-related news.
- Conduct the annual Acquisition Virtual Boards process, which supports the AAC annual awards ceremony by capturing nominations from across the Army and administering online voting.
- Serve as the DRU for staff action control and ASA(ALT) conference management.
- Perform all aspects of facilities maintenance, training and safety, and force protection and security management for Headquarters, USAASC.
- Execute the Army Protection Program as a higher headquarters to the PEOs, including all security and antiterrorism functional areas.
- All publications.