Updated: March 31, 2022
The Air Soldier System (Air SS) is flight crew life support and mission equipment that improves aircrew lethality, mission effectiveness, and protection by integrating protective clothing, personal electronics, and survival equipment.
BENEFIT TO THE SOLDIER
Air SS mission and survival gear sustains the aviation Soldier in hostile environmental conditions and protects the Soldier from flash fire, crash impacts, and chemical and ballistic threats. Air SS reduces bodyworn bulk and weight and provides a helmet-mounted display with symbology to improve flight crew Situational Awareness (SA), survivability, and mission effectiveness.
- Electronic Flight Bag tactical tablet with growth path to be the Nett Warrior-Aviation mission planning and execution end-user device
- Common helmet-mounted display enhanced SA and safety via digital, wide field-of-view, color flat-panel display for UH-60 and CH-47 aviators
- Enhanced aviator heads-up display symbology improves SA and safety for UH-60 and CH-47 aviators
- Aircrew Combat Equipment (ACE) includes a new survival vest w/ body armor and flotation, rotary-wing helmet, and protective clothing to improve survivability and mission effectiveness.
- 3QFY19: Program Milestone C
- 4QFY19: Electronic Flight Bag Production Decision
- 1QFY20: First Unit Equipped (FUE) with Soldier Kit
- 3QFY20: FUE with Aircraft Kit
- 1QFY21: ACE Low-Rate Initial Production