Handheld, Manpack, and Small Form Fit (HMS) acquires affordable, networking tactical radio systems that meet U.S. Army operational requirements while meeting the needs of the Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Special Operations Command. HMS radio systems are interoperable within current forces and provide extended voice and data communications to the tactical edge. These products provide simultaneous voice, data, and video communications as well as increased throughput using networking waveforms such as Trellisware™ Waveform (TSM™). They are interoperable with legacy systems and end user devices and provide tactical satellite communications through both legacy and Mobile User Objective Systems (MUOS). The HMS product family of networking tactical radio systems includes the one-channel Rifleman Radio, the two-channel Manpack Radio, two-channel Leader Radio, and recent addition of the Single Channel Data Radio (SCDR) in support of the Integrated Visual Augmentation System (IVAS).
BENEFIT TO THE SOLDIER
HMS products provide joint, interoperable connectivity to the tactical edge and to the most disadvantaged Warfighter with an on-the-move, at-the-halt, stationary line-of-sight, and beyond-line-of-sight capability for both dismounted personnel and platforms. The radios are scalable and compliant with modular software communications architecture, enable net-centric operations, operate multiband and multimode, and deliver reliable, secure tactical communications.
- Rifleman Radio: One-channel – Soldier Radio Waveform (SRW)
- Generation 1 Manpack Radio: SRW, Single Channel Ground and Airborne (SINCGARS), Ultra High Frequency Satellite Communications and legacy waveforms
- Leader Radio: Two channels – SINCGARS and TSM™
- Generation 2 Manpack Radio: TSM™, SINCGARS, MUOS, Satellite Communications, Integrated Waveform, Soldier Radio Waveform, Ultra High Frequency Satellite Communications, and legacy waveforms
- Single Channel Data Radio: Commercial single-channel data-only radio solution
- 3QFY19: Low Rate Initial Production (LRIP) #2 for Leader Radio and Manpack Radio
- 4QFY19: Configuration Steering Board addition of SCDR in support of IVAS
- 2QFY20: LRIP #3 for Leader Radio and Manpack Radio
- 2QFY21: Manpack and Leader Radio Initial Operational Test & Evaluation
- 3QFY21 and beyond:
- Full-Rate Production (FRP) buys for Manpack and Leader Radios, yearly
- Product Verification Test with additional, roadmap capability adds
- 4QFY21: FRP for Manpack and Leader Radio