The Unified Command Suite (UCS) vehicle is a self-contained, stand-alone, C-130-air-mobile communications platform that provides both voice and data communications capabilities to Civil Support Team (CST) commanders.
The UCS consists of a combination of commercial and existing government off-the-shelf communications equipment (both secure and non-secure data) to provide the full range of communications necessary to support the CST mission. It is the primary means of reachback communications for the Analytical Laboratory System and acts as a command-and-control hub to deliver a common operational picture for planning and fulfilling an incident response.
BENEFIT THE TO WARFIGHTER:
UCS gives the warfighter communications interoperability with federal, state, local and military emergency response elements at an incident scene. It also provides reachback capability, which allows incident commanders the ability to assess an incident scene, advise responders and facilitate access to Department of Defense information.
- Digital voice and data over satellite network
- Secure Internet Protocol Router Network and Non-Secure Internet Protocol Router Network
- Radio remote and intercom with cross-banding
- Over-the-horizon communication interoperable interface with state emergency management and other military units
- Modernization of communication-on-the-move system, radio cross-banding system and secondary reachback system
- Platform integration and modernization
- Undergoing a modernization effort (Block 2 upgrades)
FY19-FY23: Continue capability upgrades to prevent Commercial Off-The-Shelf obsolescence and improve performance