The Integrated Family of Test Equipment (IFTE) consists of at- and off- platform automatic test systems. They provide electronic fault isolation as well as diagnostic and repair capabilities at all levels of maintenance more cost-effectively than system-specific testers. IFTE, designed to support multiple weapon systems, includes:
- Base Shop Test Facility – Version 3 (BSTF-V3): The BSTF(V3) is an off-platform automatic test system that tests electronic Line Replaceable Units and Shop Replaceable Units of ground and aviation systems.
- Electro-Optics Test Facility (EOTF): The EOTF tests the full range of Army electro-optical systems: laser transmitters, receivers, spot trackers, forward-looking infrared systems and television systems. It is fully mobile with Versa Module Europa eXtensions for Instrumentation, touch-screen operator interface and an optical disk system for test program software and electronic manuals.
- Maintenance Support Device – Version 3 (MSD-V3): The MSD-V3, a lightweight, rugged, compact, man-portable, general purpose tester, that supports more than 50 weapon systems and is used by more than 30 military occupational specialties. It verifies the operational status of aviation, automotive, watercraft, electronic and missile weapon systems, and isolates faulty components for immediate repair or replacement. MSD-V3 hosts Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals, Aircraft Notebook software, and the Global Combat Support System–Army software enabling information entry into the logistics enterprise. It is used as a software uploader and verifier to provide or restore mission software to weapon systems, and is capable of supporting condition-based maintenance data collection and reporting.
- Next Generation Automatic Test System (NGATS): The NGATS is the follow-on reconfigurable, rapidly deployable, expeditionary interoperable tester and screener that supports joint operations by reducing the logistics footprint. It replaces and consolidates obsolete, unsupportable test equipment in the Army’s inventory.
BENEFIT TO THE SOLDIER
MSD-V3 provides an environmentally hardened at-platform tester capable of supporting multiple Army weapon systems and reduces the logistics footprint. NGATS provides the warfighter with off-platform automated test equipment that is significantly more reliable, offers increased mobility and provides substantially more capability than the obsolete legacy systems it replaces.
- Dimensions: 11 inches wide, 10 inches deep and 4
- Weight: 13 pounds (core and dock plus two batteries)
- Housed in a 20-foot International Organization for Standardization (ISO) shelter that uses a Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck as the prime mover, as well as a 20-foot ISO shelter for storage of the accompanying Test Program Sets
2QFY16: NGATS Shelter Contract Award
2QFY17: NGATS Operational Assessment
1QFY18-3QFY18: NGATS Transportability Testing
Current: MSD-V3 Fielding; BSTF-V3/EOTF
4QFY18: MSD-V4 Light and MSD-V4 Rugged contract awards (follow-on to MSD-V3)
- NGATS Type Classification-Standard
- NGATS First Unit Equipped