The T-9/D7R dozer model is a medium drawbar, air-transportable by C-5 and C-17, diesel-engine-driven crawler tractor with a dozer blade and optional winch (Type I) or ripper (Type II). The medium dozer is a commercial vehicle with military modifications to include North Atlantic Treaty Organization start, arctic kit, rifle rack and armor C-Kit capability.
The vehicle provides cutting, moving and finish-grading capabilities to support various construction tasks such as building and maintaining roads, airfields and shelters.
BENEFIT TO THE SOLDIER
The T-9/D7R-II medium dozer is used to build and maintain air and ground lines of communication such as airfields and main supply routes, which enhances infrastructure and force protection for the warfighter.
- Maximum speed: 6.6 mph forward, 8.4 mph reverse
- 105,820 pounds drawbar pull
- 3 forward and 3 reverse gears
- With winch: 273 inches long, 139 inches high and 145 inches wide;
- Weight: 62,000 pounds without armor; 66,000 pounds with armor
- With ripper: 289 inches long, 139 inches high and 145 inches wide;
- Weight: 65,000 pounds without armor; 69,000 pounds with armor
FY16-FY17: Fielded and trained 241 T-9 Dozers and operators
2QFY17: T9 Dozer Full Operative Capability
3QFY18: Dozer Production complete