The Engagement Skills Trainer (EST) II is designed to simulate live weapon training events that directly support individual and crew-served weapons qualification, including individual marksmanship, small unit collective and judgmental escalation-of-force exercises in a controlled environment. It provides detailed feedback to the individual fire team/squad that covers the fundamentals of marksmanship, fire control and distribution of fires.
The EST II simulator provides enhanced diagnostics with intelligent Automatic Coaching and Virtual Battle Space 3 based collective training enabled by the system’s open architecture. The EST II provides an impressive array of functionality for both instructor and trainee: solid weapon handling and shot placement analytics, coaching tools that highlight trainee results in real-time for reinforcement of correction, and enhanced graphic capabilities for an immersive training platform.
The EST II marksmanship qualification standards and collective scenarios are validated by the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command.
BENEFIT TO THE WARFIGHTER
EST II simulates weapons training events that lead to live-fire qualifications for individual or crew-served weapons. EST II provides weapons training in a controlled environment that reduces range/live-fire fees and provides the Soldier with more trigger time. Units utilize EST II to improve and excel at marksmanship skills, which improve performance during live-fire training and on the battlefield.
- Multilane (5, 10 or 15 Soldiers)
- Instructor/Operator Station System with tablet, compressor, speakers, projector, weapons interface box, screen and printer
- Small arms (pistol, rifle, carbine and grenade launcher) simulators
- Medium, crew-served weapons (M240B and M249 Semi-Automatic Weapon (SAW)) simulators
- Shoulder-fired munition (AT4 and M141 Bunker Defeat Munition) simulators
- Heavy machine gun (M2 and MK-19) simulators
- Simulator in Development: PAS-13 Thermal Weapon Site, M145MGO
3QFY16: Prototype evaluation
4QFY16-4QFY18: Technical Refresh to EST II systems
4QFY18: Initial Fielding of tetherless simulated M4A1 rifles
1QFY19: Continuing Technical Refresh to EST II systems
FY19: Initial Fielding of tetherless simulated M249 SAW