General Fund Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS), the Army’s new web-enabled financial, asset and accounting management system, was the first Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) structure to fully deploy within the Department of the Army. The system standardizes, streamlines and shares critical data across the Active Army, the Army National Guard and the Army Reserve. This Commercial Off-The-Shelf ERP solution develops, acquires, integrates, deploys and sustains enterprisewide financial and procurement management capabilities to support the Army’s current and future missions.
Moving forward, GFEBS plans on negotiating roles and responsibilities with the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Management and Comptroller by identifying subject matter experts on business-process-related issues; working with users to address issues; analyzing business processes, system or training problems; and proposing changes to Tier II Support. GFEBS will also review cost estimates to rightsize sustainment and will support the maturation of the Functional Governance Board process.
BENEFIT TO THE SOLDIER
GFEBS provides financial, asset and accounting management across the Army.
- Improve the Army’s business processes, allow for full-cost reporting of the Army’s outputs (products and services) and provide an auditable trail
Accommodate emerging requirements for enhanced financial integration, Army single-labor time tracking and environmental and integrated resource management
- Provide additional capability and improve automated integration of financial data, enhance business process efficiencies, increase interoperability and maintain auditability through these emerging requirements
3QFY17: Completed Technology Refresh (included application, network, infrastructure and database upgrades)
2QFY18: Added the Defense Health Agency and Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences as GFEBS users
3QFY18: Awarded follow-on Sustainment contract (transition completed June 2018)
- Sustain current operations by maintaining system availability and operational readiness, ensuring a security posture and Risk Management Framework processes
- Execute and complete data center hosting migration to the Defense Information Systems Agency
- Continue GFEBS financial management modernization efforts as a core component of the Army business environment’s foundation and serve as an enabler of all Army modernization efforts to deliver
- Fully functioning financial management capability that is tantamount to the success of managing Army resources
- Auditable business environment that builds confidence in the Army’s financial management capabilities
- Financial analytics capability that is a key component of senior leader decision-making cycles
- Less complex systems environment