Updated : 2022
Joint Warning and Reporting Network 2 (JWARN 2) is a computer-based application that integrates Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) data and facilitates sensor information into Joint and Service Command and Control systems for battlespace situational awareness. JWARN incorporates sensor alert information and CBRN observation reports from the field for display on the Common Operational Picture (COP) and generates a warning message to units. JWARN replaces the manual processes of incident reporting, hazard plot generation, and warning of affected forces. JWARN reduces the time from incident observation to warning, enhances situational awareness throughout the area of operations, and supports Warfighter battle management tasks.
BENEFIT TO THE SOLDIER
JWARN 2 reduces the time from incident observation to warning to less than two minutes, enhances situational awareness throughout the area of operations and supports Warfighter battle management tasks.
- Incorporates sensor alert information and CBRN observation reports from the field
- Makes a plot of the hazard area
- Provides overlays for display on the COP
- Generates CBRN warning message to units
- 3QFY20: JWARN 2 Marine Corps Fielding Decision for Joint Tactical COP Workstation (JTCW) capabilities
- 4QFY20: Air Force New Equipment Training (NET)
- Program transition to Sustainment and Operations & Support activities
- Marine Corps NET JTCW capabilities