The Joint Warning and Reporting Network (JWARN) 2 provides joint forces with a capability to report, analyze and disseminate detection, identification, location and warning information to accelerate the warfighter’s response to a Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) attack. JWARN 2 is a computer-based application integrating CBRN data and facilitates sensor information into joint and service command and control systems for battlespace situational awareness. JWARN replaces the manual processes of incident reporting, hazard plot generation and warning affected forces.
BENEFIT TO THE SOLDIER
JWARN reduces the time from incident observation to warning to less than two minutes, enhances situational awareness throughout the area of operations and supports warfighter battle management tasks.
- Incorporates sensor alert information and CBRN observation reports from the field
- Makes a plot of the hazard area
- Provides overlays for display on the Common Operational Picture (COP)
- Generates warning message to units
- Full Deployment Decision of JWARN 2 to the Army Battle Command and Common Server Host Systems
- Limited Deployment Decision of JWARN 2 on the CBRN Information System (IS) milCloud environment
4QFY17: JWARN 2 Air Force Fielding Decision for CBRN-IS and stand-alone capabilities
4QFY19: JWARN 2 Navy Operational Test (OT) on Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES) host system
1QFY19: JWARN 2 Marine Corps OT on Joint Tactical COP Workstation host system
FY20: JWARN 2 Navy and Marine Corps Fielding Decisions