Indirect Fire Protection Capability Increment 2 (IFPC Inc 2) System is a mobile, ground-based weapon system designed to defeat cruise missiles (CM), unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), and rocket, artillery, and mortars (RAM).
IFPC Inc 2 will consist of a launcher, an interceptor, and an all up round magazine to support the Cruise Missile Defense (CMD) Counter-UAS (C-UAS), and Counter-RAM (C-RAM) missions. The system will use the U.S. Army’s Integrated Air and Missile Defense Battle Command System as its Mission Command and will integrate the Sentinel Radar as its sensor.
IFPC Inc 2 Product Office is also responsible for procuring and fielding two batteries of the Iron Dome Defense System – Army as an interim CMD capability.
BENEFIT TO THE SOLDIER
IFPC Inc 2 provides fixed and semi-fixed sites to defeat subsonic CMD, UAS, and RAM.
- Provides 360-degree protection
- Provides ability to simultaneously engage threats arriving from different azimuths
- Uses an open architecture that enables future missile integration
- Virtual Industry Day
- Bailment Agreements signed
- 4QFY20: Virtual Kick-off Meeting
- 1QFY21: Middle Tier Acquisition Decision Memorandum
- 3QFY21: IFPC Inc 2 Shoot-Off Demonstration
- 4QFY21: Prototype Other Transaction Agreement Award
- 2QFY24: Milestone C Decision