The M2A4 Bradley Fighting Vehicle is a totally digital, full-tracked, medium armored vehicle that provides cross-country mobility, mounted firepower, communications, and protection to mechanized infantry when mounted and over-watch support when dismounted. The M2A4 has three seats for crew members and seven seats for squad members. Its primary weapon is the M242 25 mm Automatic Cannon. Other weapons include a 7.62 Coaxial Machine Gun and a dual-tube Tube-Launched, Optically Tracked, Wireless-Guided (TOW) Anti-Tank Missile Launcher. The M2A4 also has a commander’s independent viewer that allows the commander to scan for targets and maintain situational awareness while remaining under armor and without interfering with the gunner’s acquisition and engagement of targets. Platform modifications under the Bradley Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) program include upgraded engine and transmission, improved track (dual pin), torsion bars, road arms, and shock absorbers.
The M7A4 Bradley Fire Support Team (BFIST) Vehicle with Fire Support Sensor System (FS3) is an integrated Bradley-based fire support platform, based on the A3 BFIST vehicle that enables company Fire Support Teams (FIST) and company fire support officers to plan, coordinate, and execute timely, accurate indirect artillery and mortar fires. It provides the capability of automation enhanced surveillance, target acquisition, target identification, target designation, target tracking, position location, and communications functionality under armor while mounted and target acquisition and designation while dismounted. The M7A4 BFIST with FS3 has four seats for a FIST. Its weapons include the M242 25 mm Automatic Cannon and a 7.62 Coaxial Machine Gun. Scheduled modifications under the Bradley ECP program include upgraded engine and transmission, improved track (dual pin), torsion bars, road arms, and shock absorbers. BFIST is assigned to the Armored Reconnaissance Battalion and Combined Arms Battalions of the Armored Brigade Combat Team.
BENEFIT TO THE SOLDIER
The Bradley Fighting Vehicle ensures Warfighters can continue to maintain combat overmatch battlefield capabilities to include reconnaissance, fire, and maneuver, and “hunter-killer” engagement opportunities.
- Weight: 80,000 pounds
- Speed: 38 miles per hour (mph)
- Acceleration (0–30 mph): 22 seconds
- Range: 230 miles
- Crew Members: 3
- Vehicle Weapons: M242 25 mm Automatic Cannon, TOW Missiles II, 7.62 Coaxial Machine Gun
- M2A4 Mean Miles Between Combat Mission Failure (Required/Demonstrated): 400/427 miles
- Deployable Aircraft: C-17, C-5
- Track and Suspension ECP Unit Installs
- A4 ECP (Mobility) Upgrade Testing and Production
- First Bradley M2A4s delivered to Government
- Under-Belly Interim Solution (UBIS) Government Blast Test
- 4QFY20: Active Protection Systems (Iron Fist-Light Decoupled) Full System Demonstration
- 1QFY21: A4 ECP (Mobility) Follow-On Test and Evaluation
- 4QFY21: A4 ECP (Mobility) First Unit Equipped
- FY21-FY22: UBIS Testing and Production
- Track and Suspension ECP installs continues
- A4 ECP (Mobility) Production continues