The Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC) provides realistic medical training to both medical and non-medical Soldiers in the Active, Reserve and National Guard. MSTCs provide hands-on instruction on the latest battlefield trauma and critical care techniques based on Medical Center of Excellence approved performance oriented Programs of Instruction. The Medical Training Command and Control (MT-C2) system is a command and control center that allows for remote training platform management by interfacing with the Instructor Support System and Virtual Patient System.
During a MSTC training event, Soldiers perform tasks on training devices within a high-stress, simulated combat environment. The MT-C2 system enables medical scenario integration, mannequin control, audio video surveillance and recording, as well as providing the capability to manipulate the environments in which scenarios take place in order to maximize the positive impact and training experience.
The Tactical Combat Casualty Care Exportable (TC3X) Soldier System provides an exportable capability to train Soldiers on medical warrior skills at the individual, leader and collective levels. The TC3X system will consist of Training Aides, Devices, Simulators, and/or Simulations utilized by Soldier medics to provide realistic, hands-on training in a “train the trainer” fashion to all Soldiers at home stations, initial training centers and combat training centers.
BENEFIT TO THE SOLDIER
The MSTC saves Soldiers’ lives through enhanced hands-on medical training, which is provided and taught under realistic battlefield conditions. From this sustainment and validation medical training, first responders are able to provide emergency medical treatment for the three main preventable causes of death on the battlefield (hemorrhage, airway compromise and tension pneumothorax).
MSTC consists of:
- A 7,000-square-foot structure
- Virtual Patient System
- Instructor Support System
- Medical Training Evaluation System
- Medical Training Command and Control (MT-C2)
- Professional instruction and administrative support
- Sustainment and Maintenance
- Technical refresh and concurrency refresh on Medical Training Aids, Devices, Simulators and Simulations; MT-C2; and Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TC3) developmental efforts
1QFY18: Award of Virtual Patient Simulation Systems Contract
2QFY18: Award of TC3 Exportable (TC3X) contract
3QFY18-4QFY18: TC3X Production/Fielding
1QFY19-4QFY19: High Fidelity Patient Simulator production/fielding
1QFY19-4QFY20: TC3X Production/Fielding
2QFY19: MT-C2 System Production Start
FY21: New MSTC facility fielding (Fort Hood, Texas)
FY21-FY22: TC3X Technical Refresh: Production/Fielding
- New MSTC facility fielding (Fort Bragg, North Carolina)
- MT-C2 Concurrency Upgrades: All MSTC facilities (25)
- FY23: New MSTC facility fielding (Camp Bullis, Texas) (NG)
- FY24: New MSTC facility fielding (Camp Williams, Utah) (NG)