The Secure Mobile Anti-Jam Reliable Tactical Terminal (SMART-T) is the Army’s protected satellite communications system, which enables commanders at brigade-and-higher levels to operate in an electronic warfare threat environment that includes radio frequency signal interference (jamming), signal detection and geographic location threats. Additionally, the SMART-T can survive the effects of a High-Altitude Electromagnetic Pulse produced by nuclear detonations and can operate and survive in a biological and chemical environment.
BENEFIT TO THE SOLDIER
SMART-T makes it possible for units to reliably and securely extend the range of their network in such a manner that communications cannot be jammed, detected or intercepted, enabling Soldiers to send critical text, data, voice and video communications beyond their area of operations.
- Interoperable with advanced extremely high-frequency satellite constellation
- Enhanced system interfaces
- Low and Medium Data Rate capability for voice and data transmission
- Interoperable with Military Strategic and Tactical Relay (MILSTAR) satellite, Ultra High-Frequency Follow-On, Extremely High-Frequency
- Military-Standard (MIL-STD) 1582D and MIL-STD 188-136 compatible payloads
- Anti-jam and anti-scintillation (nuclear environment) communications
FY16-FY18: Performed sustainment planning activities and task execution in preparation for transitioning SMART-T to Sustainment in FY18
FY19-FY23: Perform upgrades to add Ethernet IP cable interface for greater interoperability with Warfighter Information Network-Tactical routers