Small Multipurpose Equipment Transport (S-MET) is designed to offload weight from the dismounted Soldier, Squad, and Small Unit. The S-MET will carry additional supplies and mission essential equipment as well as Modular Mission Payloads (MMP) increasing combat effectiveness.
S-MET is designed with Interoperability Profile, Robotic Operating System-Military, and Joint Architecture for Unmanned Systems compliance to allow for integration of future MMPs to enhance capability. This architecture allows integration of MMPs from the prime as well as any other contractor building to these standards.
BENEFIT TO THE WARFIGHTER:
S-MET provides the small unit with the ability to support squad and platoon operations for 72– hour missions and unmanned internal resupply capability to the small unit.
- Carries 2,500 pounds, reducing the dismounted Soldier’s weight burden by 100-plus pounds each
- Operates 60-plus miles in 72 hours
- Generates 3 kilowatts of power (stationary) and 1 kilowatt (moving,) keeping equipment and batteries charged on the move
- FY19: Completion of technical demonstration
- 4QFY19: Army approval of Abbreviated Capabilities Development Document
- 4QFY20: Production Contract Award
- Test and Log Systems Delivered
- Pre-Production Qualification Testing
- First Unit Equipped