By Norm Hilton
FORT BELVOIR, Va. (Feb. 14, 2018)—The Talent Management Board of Directors convened Jan. 25 to slate 13 new product and project directors.
Jeffrey A. White, principal deputy assistant secretary of the Army for acquisition, logistics and technology (ASA(ALT)), presided over the board, which included Craig Spisak, the Army director for acquisition career management (DACM), and program executive officers (PEOs) and deputy PEOs from 12 program offices.
The board approved eight product director positions and five project director positions, all of which are scheduled to be filled this summer. The standard tenure for these posts is three years. The Army DACM Office, in coordination with the PEOs, will centrally manage the positions.
The product and project director’s board is a civilian-only centrally selected board and is one of ASA(ALT) leadership’s major talent management initiatives, providing an opportunity to select high-performing civilians with leadership potential.
The board is part of the Army DACM’s effort to provide additional development and growth opportunities for high-performing civilians while building a larger talent pool for future senior leader requirements. This was the fourth year for the product director centralized selection board and the third year for the project director centralized selection board.
The next product and project director centralized selection board is tentatively scheduled for August – October 2018. Additional information regarding the product director policy is available on the Army DACM website.
The product and project director selectees are:
FY18 Product Director Assignments
- Kyle Bruner: Javelin, PEO Missiles and Space (PEO MS), Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
- Tracy Ellis: Medical Communications for Combat Casualty Care, PEO Enterprise Information Systems (PEO EIS), Fort Detrick, Maryland
- James Hallinan: Field Artillery Launchers, PEO MS, Redstone Arsenal
- Amy Kozlowski: Mobile Protected Firepower, PEO Ground Combat Systems (PEO GCS), Warren, Michigan
- Samuel Lamb: Special Electronic Mission Aircraft, PEO Aviation, Redstone Arsenal
- James Pruitt: Aviation Network and Mission Planning, PEO Aviation, Redstone Arsenal
- Karen Rosser: Joint Biological Tactical Detection System, JPEO Chemical and Biological Defense, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
- Peter Travis: Army Human Resources Systems, PEO EIS, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
FY18 Project Director Assignments
- Dean Barten: Close Combat Weapon Systems, PEO MS, Redstone Arsenal
- David Marck: Main Battle Tank Systems, PEO GCS, Warren
- Kim Reid: Rapid Equipping Force, PEO Soldier, Fort Belvoir
- Christopher Seacord: Autonomous Systems, PEO Combat Support and Combat Service Support, Warren
- Michael Switzer: Missile Defense and Space Systems, PEO MS, Redstone Arsenal
Subscribe to Army AL&T News, the premier online news source for the Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (AL&T) Workforce.