The 120M Motor Grader is a heavy-duty, pneumatic-tired commercial construction grader. It performs rough and fine grading, ditching, high-bank cutting and sloping and will serve the needs of Brigade Engineer Battalion, Infantry Brigade Combat Team and Equipment Support Company Airborne units employed and/or positioned throughout the entire range of military operations.
The 120M Motor Grader will be used along with other construction equipment to conduct general construction missions in support of repair, maintenance and construction of air and ground lines of communication, repair and restoration of infrastructure, and to enhance force and infrastructure protection. The Grader Type IA is air-droppable, Commercial Off-The-Shelf construction equipment that is fully adaptable to military operations.
BENEFIT TO THE SOLDIER
The 120M Motor Grader improves and repairs air and ground lines of communication, such as airfields and main supply routes, which enhances infrastructure and force protection.
- Six-wheeled, commercial, construction grader with all-wheel drive, articulated frame steer and pneumatic tires
- Electro-hydraulic joystick control operation
- Automatic power shift transmission with eight forward and six reverse speeds
- Type IA Full Materiel Release/Type Classified-Standard
- Type IA First Unit Equipped
4QFY16: Complete Type IA Army Acquisition Objective fielding of 20 systems
1QFY18: Grader contract expiration
FY16-FY18: Fielded and trained 68 Type 1 Graders
1QFY19: Type I Full Operational Capability