Be the Primary Source to support the Warfighter’s information dominance objectives by developing, implementing and managing commercial Information Technology contracts that provide enterprise-wide net-centric hardware, software and support services for the Army.
Computer Hardware Enterprise Software and Solutions (CHESS) is the Army’s designated Primary Source for commercial IT. CHESS provides a no-fee flexible procurement strategy through which an Army user may procure commercial off the shelf (COTS) IT hardware, software and services. CHESS offers simple, straightforward contract vehicles through its online Army system, the IT e-Mart (https://chess.army.mil). These contracts provide continuous vendor competition for best value and consolidation of requirements to maximize cost avoidance and leverage the Army’s buying power. The inherent Value Proposition CHESS provides is its relationship with the Army HQDA Chief Information Officer (CIO), Information Systems Engineering Command (ISEC), Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM), and Army Contracting Command – Rock Island (ACC-RI). With these partners, CHESS provides architecturally sound, standards and policy compliant IT enterprise solutions to all Army activities and organizations.
BENEFITS TO THE SOLDIER:
As the Army’s trusted network, hardware and software provider, CHESS offers no-fee flexible contract vehicles enabling the Army to realize significant cost-avoidance which can be reallocated to the Army’s more critical requirements for the Warfighters.
- We are the Army’s Premier Solution for commercial IT hardware, software, and services.
- CHESS collaborates with industry to bring cost-effective cutting-edge commercial IT products and services to the war fighter.
- CHESS directly supports HQDA Chief Information Officer (CIO) Information Technology Investment Accountability policy with implementing accountability reform to improve the Army’s ability to see, assess, redirect, and control IT resources.
- CHESS is the Army’s main enabler for accountability of COTS IT resources and organizations aggregation of desktop and notebook purchases to achieve the best possible volume discount.
- CHESS offers Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Best in Class (BIC) contracts for IT Category Management.
- Provides the most cost effective approach to fulfilling user requirements for hardware and software products through the Consolidated Buy (CB) process ensuring full compliancy with Federal Desktop Computing regulations as well as DOD and Army security and interoperability standards.
- Easy online Request For (RFX) Tool with decentralized ordering and no-fee.
- Open to All Army, DoD and Federal agencies.
- Offers a live Customer Support Desk.
3QFY21: ITES-4H Anticipated Award Date