Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) Systems and Program Management (MSSPM) Non-Resident Master’s Degree Program
General Program Information
The NPS-MSSPM 2-year program is designed for Department of Defense (DoD) and other federal agencies to obtain an acquisition defense-focused advanced degree in a distance learning format. The NPS-MSSPM is an interdisciplinary program combining systems engineering with program management knowledge and skills. The program is intended to broaden the technical capabilities of the acquisition workforce who may have non-technical backgrounds so they are able to successfully manage and lead programs/projects in support of the Defense Acquisition System. Students in this program learn the systems engineering process from establishing system requirements through test and evaluation. Simultaneously, students learn how to manage, schedule, and budget programs as well as work with DoD suppliers through contracts to meet program obligations. Learn more at https://nps.edu/web/dl/degProgs_MSSPM_nonRes.
Specific educational credit information is provided in the announcement posted below on this website.
NPS-MSSPM (722-241G) Announcement
Who May Apply
Permanent Army acquisition workforce civilians who meet both NPS academic requirements and the Army DACM Office eligibility requirements listed below may apply to the NPS-MSSPM program.
NPS Academic Requirements:
- Any undergraduate degree (BA, BS, other)
- Minimum undergraduate quality point rating of 2.2 or better
Army DACM Office Eligibility Requirements:
- Army acquisition workforce civilian must be coded as “1 -Permanent – Tenure Group 1” in the Defense Civilian Personnel Data System at the time of submitting their application in CAPPMIS.
- Must be a GS-11 through GS-15, or broadband/pay band equivalent.
- Must meet certification level required in current acquisition position in any Functional Area
- Must have a Conditional Letter of Acceptance from NPS for the Cohort specified in the announcement
- Must not currently have a master’s degree in an acquisition or business discipline
Department of Defense laboratories designated as Science and Technology Reinvention Laboratories who meet the following eligibility requirements may apply to the NPS-MSSPM Program:
- Must be a permanent (non-temporary/non-term) civilian member of the Army Acquisition Workforce Exception: Per the Section 1109, FY16 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) and Section 11.A.3.f, 82 Federal Register 43339, eligibility to participate in the NPS-MSSPM Program is extended to flexible length and renewable term technical appointment employees in the Department of Defense laboratories designated as Science and Technology Reinvention Laboratories (STRLs).
- Term employees not appointed under Section 1109, FY16 NDAA are not eligible for the NPS-MSSPM Program.
- All other eligibility requirements must be met.
Uhura N. Smith
Acquisition Training and Education Manager USAASC – Army DACM Office
Ms. Heather Hahn
Distance Learning Education Technician