By Michael P. Bold
FORT BELVOIR, Va. (July 8, 2019) – It’s that time of year: Time to reward the best people and teams in the Army Acquisition Workforce (AAW), whose contributions help their organizations and the acquisition community at large.
The call for nominations is open for the 2019 Army Acquisition Executive’s (AAE) Excellence in Leadership Awards, which spotlight individuals and teams from the Army Acquisition Workforce (AAW) whose outstanding contributions merit special recognition.
The awards focus not only on the best people and their accomplishments, but also on how those contributions help their organizations and the acquisition community at large.
The deadline for nominations is Aug. 2. To be eligible for an individual AAE Excellence in Leadership Award, nominees must occupy an acquisition workforce designated position and be current in their Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act certification and continuous learning points. The two exceptions are the Defense Export and Cooperation Professional of the Year and the Acquisition Support Professional of the Year categories, which are open to all Army employees supporting the AAW.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Acquisition Support Professional of the Year
- Business Operations Professional of the Year
- Defense Export and Cooperation Professional of the Year
- Engineer and System Integrator of the Year
- Logistician of the Year
- Project Management/Project Director Professional of the Year (O-6 Level)
- Product Management/Product Director Professional of the Year (O-5 Level)
- Science and Technology Professional of the Year
- Project Management/Project Director Office Team of the Year (O-6 Level)
- Product Management/Product Director Office Team of the Year (O-5 Level)
For more information and to submit nominations, go to https://asc.army.mil/web/acquisition-awards/. Winners will be announced at the Army Acquisition Awards ceremony later this year.
Tips for submitting a top-notch nomination can be found at And the Award Goes To….
Subscribe to Army AL&T News – the premier online news source for the Army Acquisition Workforce.