by Cheryl Marino
FORT BELVOIR, Va. (April 25, 2022)—Research, development, testing and evaluation (RDT&E) is critical to everything we do in Army acquisition. “We all come to the table with varying degrees of education and experience, but we can always learn new things,” said Rob Richardson, Jr., the director of acquisition career management (DACM). “We’ve incorporated Soldier touch points into the process to ensure we are providing the user with what they want, we test as we go and we make course corrections along the way. We need an agile and adaptive workforce to proactively push the envelope with regard to technology, and refine where necessary. We need to equip the entire community with the tools and talent to bring these key projects to fruition. The programs that our community is responsible for have huge implications on our ability to meet our modernization priorities.”
Read more about this major initiative for the Army acquisition community in the April 2022 edition of the DACM Newsletter.
In this edition of the newsletter, you will also find:
- Valuable resources for staying current with Back-to-Basics.
- A Q&A with Lt. Col. Lev Mazeres about his Training With Industry experiences.
- Spotlights on success featuring Christine Berg, from the Program Executive Office for Ammunition, and William “Cody” Swinford, Acquisition Support Command, Program Executive Office Missiles and Space.
- Details about the Inspiring and Developing Excellence in Acquisition Leaders (IDEAL) program.
- The list of new selectees for the Senior Service College Fellowship program.
- Application information for the Senior Enterprise Talent Management and Enterprise Talent Management Programs.
In Defense Acquisition University (DAU) News, course registration is open for fiscal year 2022 third and fourth quarter classes. DAU recently updated their courses and iCatalog to reflect the changes to the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act certification training requirements. Go to https://icatalog.dau.edu/ to enroll.
Get all of this inside the April 2022 issue at: https://asc.army.mil/web/dacm-newsletter/.