FORT BELVOIR, Va. (April 26, 2021)—“Employing the best talent for the Army Acquisition Workforce is paramount if we’re to succeed at our mission,” writes Army Director of Career Management (DACM), Craig A. Spisak. The Army has made great strides toward that goal, he says, with the introduction of the new Acquisition Leader Assessment Program, which will help determine which officers in the Army Acquisition Corps are ready for command and key billet positions. Learn more about this exciting new program and how it makes the most of talent assessment data.
In the April 2021 edition of the DACM Newsletter, you will also find the latest updates on:
- The value of your Individual Development Plan.
- The DACM Office’s new partnership with the Army Acquisition Workforce Recruitment and Sustainment Center of Excellence.
- Back-to-Basics functional area restructuring.
- Deadlines for the Senior Enterprise Talent Management and Enterprise Talent Management programs.
- Application information for the Naval Postgraduate School distance learning M.S. in systems and program management.
In addition, you’ll find the most recent news about acquisition education, training and career development opportunities, and the newly announced selectees for the fiscal year 2021 Acquisition Tuition Assistance Program. Don’t miss the Spotlight on Success profile, which highlights LaDonna McCann, from the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command in Huntsville, Alabama. Hear what she learned during the fiscal year 2020 Inspiring and Developing Excellence in Leaders program.
All that, plus information about the new prerequisite the Defense Acquisition University PMT 4010 Program Management Course, and mandatory annual ethics training for the Army Acquisition Workforce. Don’t miss out! Find the April 2021 issue at: https://asc.army.mil/web/dacm-newsletter/.