FORT BELVOIR, Va. (October 25, 2021)—“Talent management is key to success,” said Mr. Rob Richardson, the new director of acquisition career management (DACM) and director of the U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center (USAASC). Ecstatic to be joining the team at USAASC, Richardson brings more than 30 years of medical, information and weapon system acquisition experience, not only as a DOD civilian, but also as a U.S. Army officer. Read more about his professional journey in this issue of the DACM Newsletter.
In the October 2021 edition, you will also find:
- Deadlines for the fiscal year 2021 Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act certifications.
- Details on the expansion of the 2021 Acquisition Leader Assessment Program.
- The experiences of Training with Industry participant, Maj. Hassan Kamara.
- A spotlight on Maj. Michael Sidman, assistant product manager for the Joint Program Executive Office for Armaments and Ammunition (JPEO A&A).
- Application information for the fiscal year 2022 Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP).
- Information on meeting mandatory annual ethics training requirements.
You’ll also read about the United States Military Academy (USMA) at West Point’s 2021 Branch Week and how representatives from the DACM Office’s proponency and analysis division were able to inform and educate cadets on the many career opportunities in the Army Acquisition Workforce.
All that, plus information about the Senior Rater Potential Evaluation (SRPE), which is required for civilian Army Acquisition Workforce members, raters and senior raters.
Get all of this in the October 2021 issue at: https://asc.army.mil/web/dacm-newsletter/.