The application window for the Senior Service College Fellowship (SSCF) Class of 2022 is now open.
The Defense Acquisition University (DAU)-SSCF program is a 10-month educational senior leadership development opportunity sponsored by the Army Director of Acquisition Career Management. The purpose of DAU-SSCF is to provide leadership and acquisition training to prepare senior-level civilians for leadership roles such as product and project manager, program executive officer and other key acquisition leadership positions. On March 28, 2013, in accordance with Army Regulation 621-7, “The Army Fellowship and Scholarship Program,” the Army approved the DAU-SSCF program as Military Education Level-1 Senior Service College equivalent. DAU-SSCF is the only civilian fellowship approved by the Army.
The program conducts multiple acquisition activities, including:
- Credit for completion of the DAU Program Manager Course (PMT 401).
- Leadership courses (such as ethics, communications, ACQ 450 Series).
- Studies in resource requirements and acquisition integration for senior and strategic leaders.
- Studies in executive leadership.
- Applications of acquisition in national defense/security study.
- Acquisition training in life cycle management linked to Life Cycle Management Commands (LCMC).
- Research in acquisition issues and processes.
- Mentoring program with government and industry senior leaders.
- Senior leadership speakers program.
- Announcement opening date: Jan. 13.
- Announcement closing date: March 17.
- Applicant selection notification: No later than April 23.
- Class begins: July 26.
- Resident seminars in Huntsville, Alabama, and Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey.
- Virtual seminar.
For more information and to learn how to apply, go to https://asc.army.mil/web/career-development/programs/defense-acquisition-university-senior-service-college/
Subscribe to Army AL&T News – the premier online news source for the Army Acquisition Workforce. Subscribe