How do I become an Army Acquisition Officer (Active Component)?

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The primary method of entry to become an Army Acquisition officer is through the Voluntary Transfer Incentive Program (VTIP). VTIP panels are held twice yearly, normally in the first and third quarter of the fiscal year. In and Out calls are published for the respective branches and functional areas based on strength. Officers within the eligible year groups for each VTIP board should check the in and out calls to ensure their basic branch is able to release them and that FA51 is accepting applicants. Foundational to accession as a FA51 officer is demonstrated outstanding performance in the appropriate Key Developmental position in the grade of CPT and completion of the Captains’ Career Course. There is a three year Active Duty Service Obligation for officers accepting the voluntary transfer.