Army DACM Office Updates
- Phase III of the Army Acquisition Workforce (AAW) Senior Rater Potential Evaluation (SRPE) implementation begins Oct. 1, affecting all AAW members GS-12 through GS-14 (or pay band equivalent levels). In preparation, make sure your CAPPMIS IDP reflects the correct supervisor. Senior raters are required to complete the FY17 SRPE no later than Dec. 31. Check out the one-stop shop SRPE resources.
- The Army Pamphlet (DA PAM) 600-3, Commissioned Officer Professional Development and Career Management, was published June 26. In an effort to better align acquisition’s unique functional area career management and education requirements with the Army development and career management baseline, the Army Acquisition Corps portion (Chapter 41) underwent significant changes. For this revision, the baseline guidance (Chapters 1-7) was published in the traditional manner of release, while the remaining branch-specific portions (Chapters 8-41) are linked through MILSuite, with the noted link posted in the “Summary Of Changes” page within the base document.
In Case You Missed It:
- Check out the new July – September edition of Army AL&T magazine.
- Read the newest edition of the Army DACM Newsletter.
Acquisition Training, Education and Leader Development Opportunities.
- The FY18 Project Director and Product Director (PD) Centralized Selection Boards (CSB) are coming! The application window for project director is Aug. 2 – Sept. 20, and the product director board is Aug. 16 – Oct. 4. The board is scheduled for Nov. 1-3. Applicants will be selected and slated by this board to fill PD positions beginning in the summer of 2018.
- Applicants applying to the FY19 LTC/NH-04/GS-14 Product Manager, COL/NH-04/GS-15 Project Manager Centralized Selection List (CSL) or Product/Project Director (PD) boards may request another SRPE to include in their application package. Raters can initiate an annual FY17 SRPE with evaluation END DATE of Sept. 30, 2017. Once completed by the rater and senior rater, the SRPE would also fulfill the phase III FY17 SRPE requirement.
- The FY19 LTC/NH-04/GS-14 Product Manager and the COL/NH-04/GS-15 Project Manager Centralized Selection List (CSL) announcements opened on July 17 and close Aug. 30.
- The Competitive Development Group/Army Acquisition Fellowship (CDG/AAF) Program announcement opened July 25 and closes Dec. 14. AAW members who are GS-12/13 (or equivalent) are eligible for this three-year leadership opportunity.
Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Course Updates:
- Effective Oct. 1, CLC 25 – Small Business Program for Contracting Officers will be retired and the course content will be incorporated into a new version of CLM 059 – Fundamentals of Small Business for Acquisition Professionals. CLC 025 is currently a requirement for Level I certification in contracting and in purchasing. Upon deployment of CLM 059, CLC 025 will be considered a predecessor course for CLM 059 until Sept. 30, 2019. CLM 059 becomes the new certification requirement for Level I DAWIA certification in the contracting and purchasing acquisition career fields effective Oct. 1.
Subscribe to Army AL&T News, the premier online news source for the Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (AL&T) Workforce.