- Live! USAASC and the Army DACM Office proudly present an updated website! Redesigned based on feedback from the user community, the site includes improved search capabilities and new print and save functions—all aimed at helping the acquisition community find the information they need, faster. Please know that links to internal pages and documents will stay the same as the current site. https://asc.army.mil/web/
- Military News: The Director of the Army Acquisition Corps approved the Internal Advisory Panel Implementation Guidance for selecting and appointing up to five senior military acquisition advisors in accordance with 10 USC 1725.These assigned officers will advise the Army Acquisition Executive on strategic, technical and programmatic matters pertaining to the Defense Acquisition System. Senior military acquisition advisors may also serve as DAU adjunct professors on a part-time or intermittent basis.
Army DACM Office Updates:
It is graduation season!
- Graduation and new inductees: On June 7, the Competitive Development Group/Army Acquisition Fellowship (CDG/AAF) marked the graduation of eight fellows and inducted six new members. Being in the fellowship “will be a badge that you carry with you for the rest of your career,” said Craig A. Spisak, USAASC director and director of Acquisition Career Management (DACM). Congratulations on your hard work! The FY19 CDG/AAF announcement will open July 30. https://asc.army.mil/web/news-cdg-aaf/
- Congratulations to the DAU Senior Service College Fellowship 2017-2018 graduates! See below for a list of graduates.
|DAU Senior Service College Fellowship 2017-2018 Graduates|
|SSCF site||Name||Acquisition Career Field||Organization|
|Aberdeen, Maryland||Lisa May Bell||Life Cycle Logistics||Program Executive Office (PEO) for Command, Control and Communications – Tactical (C3T)|
|John W. Gillette||Program Management||PEO C3T|
|Terence A. Glover||Life Cycle Logistics||U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM)|
|Victor Hernandez||Program Management||PEO for Enterprise Information Systems|
|Jerry David King||Contracting||U.S. Army Contracting Command (ACC)|
|Betsy J. Kozak||Business – Financial Management||ACC|
|Robert D. Vik||Program Management||PEO C3T|
|Jack D. Wilson||Business – Financial Management||U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command (RDECOM)|
|Huntsville, Alabama||Mildred L. Blackshear||Life Cycle Logistics||U.S. Army Materiel Command Logistics Support Activity|
|Daniel R. Bryant||Test and Evaluation||U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC)|
|Bryan R. Cleve||Engineering||PEO for Aviation|
|Corry B. Cox||Test and Evaluation||ATEC|
|Kevin G. Crumlish||Program Management||U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC)|
|Christine Dedrick||Program Management||PEO for Missiles and Space (MS)|
|James G. Hallinan||Program Management||PEO MS|
|Bryon K. Manley||Engineering||SMDC|
|Timothy J. Sweeney||Life Cycle Logistics||PEO Aviation|
|Warren, Michigan||Harsha D. Desai||Engineering||RDECOM|
|Andrew John Dimarco||Program Management||PEO for Ground Combat Systems (GCS)|
|Michael E. Dunne||Program Management||PEO GCS|
|Lisa A. Gronowski||Engineering||PEO GCS|
|John C. Hufstedler||Program Management||PEO for Combat Support and Combat Service Support (CS&CSS)|
|Michael A. Sawyers||Program Management||PEO CS&CSS|
|Munira H. Tourner||Engineering||PEO CS&CSS|
- Leaders in the making: The board results are out for the Inspiring and Developing Excellence in Acquisition Leadership (IDEAL) selectees. See below for results as well as feedback on the selection process.
|IDEAL 2018 Board Results|
|Name||Acquisition Career Field||Organization|
|Nadene R. Abramo||Contracting||Mission and Installation Contracting Command (MICC)|
|William C. Allen||Contracting||U.S. Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC)|
|Pierre P. Bourque||Test and Evaluation||ATEC|
|Robert F. Briar||Life Cycle Logistics||Program Executive Office (PEO) for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation|
|Damon W. Costello||Engineering||PEO for Intelligence, Electronic Warfare and Sensors|
|Mark G. Crockett||Life Cycle Logistics||U.S. Army Tank-Automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM)|
|Chad L. Daly||Engineering||U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command|
|Anthony B. Frails||Life Cycle Logistics||U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Command|
|Travis G. Grant||Engineering||U.S. Army Research, Development and Engineering Command (RDECOM)|
|Joyce A. Hampshire||Program Management||PEO for Command, Control and Communications – Tactical (C3T)|
|Rashanda L. Kennamore||Production, Quality and Manufacturing||RDECOM|
|Janine A. Kerns||Contracting||PEO for Enterprise Information Systems|
|Monty N. Kurtz||Contracting||MICC|
|Anthony D. Lee II||Life Cycle Logistics||U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command|
|Alton Derrell Marks||Life Cycle Logistics||TACOM|
|Veronica Atamanchuk McGuire||Contracting||U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)|
|Michele I. Meszaros||Life Cycle Logistics||PEO C3T|
|Mary R. Nesbitt||Business – Cost Estimating||TACOM|
|George Joseph O’Boyle||Program Management||PEO for Aviation|
|Timothy D. O’Day||Contracting||PEO for Combat Support and Combat Service Support|
|Nicole Marie Olbricht||Engineering||RDECOM|
|Karl M. Rogers||Engineering||U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM)|
|Suzan F. Salib||Engineering||RDECOM|
|Carl Edward Sanders||Information Technology||CECOM|
|Stefani Santos||Contracting||U.S. Army Materiel Command 408th Support Brigade|
|Whitney E. Stephens||Contracting||PEO Missiles and Space|
|Jeffrey Simon Pajaril Sunga||Engineering||RDECOM|
|Daisy L. Tomberlin||Contracting||CECOM|
|Chelsea M. Whitten||Contracting||USACE|
|Jasmine C. Young||Engineering||RDECOM|
|Krysta M. Zurowski||Facilities Engineering||USACE|
Board Observations on Selectees
IDEAL applicants demonstrated:
- Broad experience in multiple acquisition areas.
- A history of success in positions of increasing levels of responsibility.
- Successful performance as a team leader or mentor
- A SRPE that contained a metric against the applicant’s peers and either recognized the applicant’s exceptional potential or the applicant’s high potential and affinity for leading others.
Acquisition Training, Education and Leader Development Opportunities:
- Deadline approaching: The FY20 Product Manager application window is open June 11–July 26. Information can be found on our Acquisition Civilian Centralized Selection List (CSL) webpage: https://asc.army.mil/web/centralized-selection-list/.
- Similarly, FY19 Product Director Centralized Selection Board application window is open June 18–August 9. Additional information may be found at https://asc.army.mil/web/career-development/prod-dir/.
Subscribe to Army AL&T News, the premier online news source for the Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (AL&T) Workforce.