Army DACM Office Updates:
- The Senior Rater Potential Evaluation (SRPE) – Phase IV – The final phase of the SRPE commences 1. The SRPE mandate will include all GS-12–GS-15 (broadband equivalents) Army Acquisition Workforce (AAW) members. For any personnel changes between now and Oct. 1, a Close-Out SRPE will be needed. For guidance on the completion of the SRPE, including helpful hints and system guides, please visit the dedicated SRPE website: https://asc.army.mil/web/senior-rater-potential-evaluation/
- There will be “revolutionary” changes at the top: Lt. Gen. Paul A. Ostrowski brought his roadshow tour to Fort Belvoir to discuss the changes to the Army that are in progress as the new Army Futures Command transitions to its final operational capability.
- The date is set! DAU is going live Sept. 24 with its new virtual campus using Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD). The DAU webpage https://www.dau.mil/News/New-Virtual-Campus-Coming-Soon- answers frequently asked questions and provides links to the student guide and task aid. For questions or problems with online training, please contact the DAU Help Desk at email@example.com or call 866-568-6924.
In Case You Missed It:
- Stay in the know! Check out the July-September edition of Army AL&T magazine
- The July Army DACM Newsletter is out, answering burning questions, giving career-changing advice and congratulating some very talented graduates.
Acquisition Training, Education and Leader Development Opportunities:
- Calling all financial management types: Big opportunity to influence your career field and earn continuous learning points (CLP). DAU is offering a web-based pilot online BCF 221 Intermediate Financial Management Concepts course to replace the BCF 220 Acquisition Business Management Concepts course. This course is designed to prepare you for BCF 225, but it is also great for experienced acquisition financial managers to improve their understanding of common financial topics such as cost estimating; earned value management analysis; planning, programming, budgeting and execution; congressional enactment; and budget preparation and execution. Register at dau.mil by Sept. 14.
- Calling all senior test and evaluation (T&E) Army Acquisition Corps (AAC) members to join the bench of key leadership position (KLP) pre-qualified professionals. The 2018 Chief Developmental Tester KLP Joint Qualification Board application opportunity opens in Army Acquisition Professional Development System (AAPDS) from Aug. 13–Oct. 11. The target audience is permanent Department of the Army Civilian GS-14/GS-15 (or broadband equivalent) Army Acquisition Corps (AAC) members who have achieved Level III T&E Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act certification. All KLP Joint Qualification Board applications require supervisor and general officer/senior executive service endorsement. For information about applying: http://asc.army.mil/web/career-development/klp/
- Open now! Competitive Development Group/Army Acquisition Fellowship (CDG/AAF) is a three-year leadership development program including developmental assignments and executive leadership training for GS-12–GS-13. Applications for Year Group 19 are now being accepted, so get an early start and help your qualified applicants get those required documents ready for the December deadline. For more details: https://asc.army.mil/web/career-development/programs/competitive-development-group-army-acquisition-fellowship/.
Spread the word! You can get all the newest acquisition career and workforce information mailed straight to your inbox. Subscribe now.