FROM THE ARMY DACM OFFICE
- The Defense Acquisition Workforce Development Fund (DAWDF) FY17 Plan is open until May 15.
- DAU’s Mission Assistance can help you prepare for the future to keep your acquisitions on track – offering help through Acquisition Workshops, Consulting Services, and Individual Focus. Visit their website to learn more on how they can help you.
- Have a question about your career? IDP? SRPE? Ask Ellie! The first virtual acquisition career guide, Ellie, is an avatar that will be able to help you navigate questions regarding acquisition career management. This marks Ellie’s initial appearance–she will continue to evolve, but in this first phase, we encourage you to interact with her when you have a question regarding your career. Go to our FAQ page to try it out and let us know what you think.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Acquisition Leadership Challenge Program (ALCP) – The 3rd Quarter announcement is open through March 9.
- The Defense Acquisition University – Senior Service College Fellowship announcement window is open through March 23.
- The announcements for both the Naval Postgraduate School Master of Science in Program Management (NPS-MSPM) and the Naval Postgraduate School Master of Science in Systems Engineering (NPS-MSSE) are open until April 11.
- Advanced Civil Schooling – The application for FY17-01 is currently open and will close on May 3. The program start date for this group is between Oct. 1 and March 31, 2017.
- The announcement for the Competitive Development Group/Army Acquisition Fellowship will open in June, not in January as in the past. Please stay tuned for further details.
DAU COURSE UPDATES
The FY17 DAU course schedule will be available for student registration on Tuesday, May 17. Student should view the required prerequisite(s) at the DAU iCatalog and complete them prior to registration for a FY17 course to ensure timely completion of certification requirements and enrollment in the desired course(s). We highly suggest that students plan and apply early to have a better opportunity in obtaining a class in the required timeframe, and encourage your supervisor to approve your training request as soon as you apply.
HEADLINES: In case you missed it
The Army DACM office— for everything acquisition career related
Subscribe to Army AL&T News, the premier online news source for the Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (AL&T) Workforce.