Who can write for Army AL&T?
Anyone in the Army Acquisition Workforce and its stakeholders can write for Army AL&T. We work with writers from all skill levels, including no skill. Our editors are that good.
Click here to submit
Files to Upload
- Articles can be short, 500-800 words, or longer, up to 1,600 words.
- Format per writers guidelines and submit in Word (.docx) form with a title that keys to the article name, for example, COL Smith Logistics Commentary.
Photos, graphics and figures
- Each should be a separate, high-resolution image file in .jpg, .img, .png or .tiff format, minimum 2400 pixels wide—most often a file size of 3-4 MB or larger.
- Captions: Paste captions in the form provided on the submissions page. Alternately, submit captions in a separate Word document with the same title as the article. For example, COL Smith Logistics Commentary — Captions.
- Caption details: Include the who, what, where and when details, and the photographer’s or artist’s name and organization: (Photo/Illustration by Name, Organization).
- Graphics, figures and illustrations: Submit in PowerPoint format (.ppt or .pptx), pdfs or as image files (.jpg, .png or .tiff), or Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Advertisements: Must fit in the Army AL&T template and should consist of minimal text and a “call to action,” such as a phone number or website that the reader can use for more information.
On the Move
- For news related to promotions, retirements or important changes of command, fill out the On the Move form and submit. NOTE: With exceptions (e.g., awards), all On The Move submissions should be relevant news items regarding officers at the 0-5 level who are program, project or product managers, or relevant news items regarding officers 0-6 and above and enlisted Soldiers E-8 and above.
Faces of the Force / Spotlight on Success
- To showcase the professionalism and accomplishments of the workforce as well as the range of career opportunities in Army acquisition, fill out the nomination form and submit. NOTE: Nominees must be current on all DAWIA certifications and requirements or within the allotted grace period.
We welcome your stories, ideas, opinions and art (photos, graphics, etc.). We will do our best to provide a timely response to your submissions.