Hot Topics – November 3, 2015
By Marti Giella
Hot Topics is a monthly breakdown of current news, important dates and updates affecting the Army Acquisition Workforce (AAW) in the next 30 to 60 days. Look for a new edition the first Tuesday of every month from the Office of the Army Director for Acquisition Career Management (DACM).
Here’s what’s hot for November:
FROM THE ARMY DACM OFFICE
As a reminder, the Senior Rater Potential Evaluation policy took effect just over a month ago. This policy affects the entire Army Acquisition Workforce (AAW), starting with those at the GS-14 level. Read the policy, FAQs and other materials to learn more about this annual mandate now in effect.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- The FY17 Centralized Selection List Acquisition Key Billet Project Manager and Acquisition Director Board application window for colonels and GS-15 AAW professionals closes November 20.
- The Acquisition Leader Challenge Program nomination window opens on November 3 for second quarter classes. Learn more about the program and how to be nominated.
- FY16 Product Director Centralized Selection Board opened October 26 and closes December 17.
- The Training with Industry announcement for noncommissioned officers is open through Jan. 8, 2016.
- The FY17 winter Military Acquisition Position List (MAPL) Review key dates:
- FY17 Command Input Window opens November 9 and closes December 11.
- FY17 Winter MAPL Review Board is January 25-29, 2016.
- The Competitive Development Group/Army Acquisition Fellows Program announcement window opens December 2 and closes on Feb. 4, 2016.
- The Defense Acquisition University – Senior Service College Fellowship announcement window opens December 2 and closes March 9, 2016.
DAU COURSE UPDATES
Interested in learning more about cybersecurity? Register for the highly recommended distance-learning course CLE 074: Cybersecurity Throughout DOD Acquisition. The course provides a foundational understanding of basic principles of cybersecurity and cybersecurity risk management in the defense acquisition field.
HEADLINES – In case you missed it:
- Calendar Year 2015 annual ethics training requirement (see details in the October Army DACM Newsletter)
- The Army DACM Office — for everything acquisition career related.
Subscribe to Army AL&T News, the premier online news source for the Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (AL&T) Workforce.