September hot topics
Army DACM Office Updates
- Coming soon to your neck of the woods—Army Acquisition Workforce (AAW) Summit: Back to Basics pilot at Aberdeen Proving Ground – North and Aberdeen Proving Ground – South Sept. 6-7. The summit provides an overview of the AAW composition, an understanding of how the Army DACM Office can assist the workforce, and what opportunities, resources and tools are available to help AAW members manage their career development. For questions on the summit or to schedule one at your organization, please email us.
- Looking for a new challenge? The Senior Enterprise Talent Management (SETM) / Enterprise Talent Management (ETM) programs prepare Army senior civilians (GS-12/15 or equivalent) to assume positions of greater responsibility across DA and consist of nine modules (previously 13). Successful candidates are those who represent the “best of the best” —high-performing midgrade and senior civilian leaders with outstanding potential for assignment to positions of greater importance, responsibility and effect across our Army. For more information on the newly updated Army directive: Army Directive 2017-13, (effective 1 Aug 2017) “Department of the Army Senior Enterprise Talent Management (SETM) / Enterprise Talent Management (ETM) Programs.”
- Strengthen that bench of key leaders by being one. The fourth annual Chief Developmental Tester Key Leadership Position (KLP) Joint Qualification Board will be conducted Dec. 5; the Army announcement is open from Aug. 17 – Oct. 15. This opportunity provides applicants with a joint level review of credentials in compliance with the requirements of the Chief Developmental Tester KLP. For additional information, eligibility requirements and how to apply please visit the KLP page.
In Case You Missed It:
- Nominations for Excellence in Contracting Awards now being accepted
- FY17 MOS 51C reclassification board results
- PM E2S2 reaches 50-year milestone
- Check out the July – September edition of Army AL&T magazine
- Read the newest edition of the Army DACM Newsletter
Acquisition Training, Education & Leader Development Opportunities
- The Competitive Development Group / Army Acquisition Fellowship (CDG/AAF) program is currently open. The window closes Dec. 14, so get those applications in now.
- The Acquisition Leadership Challenge Program (ACLP) FY18 1st QTR training announcement is open from Aug. 15 – Sept. 14. Top performing AAW members (GS-7 to GS-15) are nominated by command representatives to fill the allocated quota. If interested contact your OAP.
- The FY18 Project Director and Product Director (PD) Centralized Selection Boards application window is open. Project Director Board application are accepted Aug. 2 – Sept. 20 and Product Director Board Aug. 16 – Oct. 4, 2017. The board will be conducted Nov. 1-3. Applicants will be selected and slated by this board to fill PD positions beginning in the summer of 2018.
- Applicants applying to boards may request another Senior Rater Potential Evaluation (SRPE) to include in their application package.
- The FY19 LTC / NH-04 / GS-14 Product Manager and the COL / NH-04 / GS-15 Project Manager Centralized Selection List (CSL) announcements closed Aug. 30. The board will convene Oct. 31 – Nov. 3. Best of luck to all the applicants!
- Spread the word! You can get all the newest career and workforce information mailed straight to your inbox? Go to https://asc.army.mil/web/news-september-hot-topics/ and subscribe at the bottom of the page.